Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > GTO > Classic GTO's (1964-1974)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 12:05 AM   #1
qqqtttoooppp
AF Newbie

Cool GTO 65..help

hello everybody
Iam looking for GTO 65 body which i want to install new engine and transmission on it iam i want to 600 hp and manual transmission so sny body can help me tell where i can find this stuff . and wat kind of engine i should use i will be really greatfull if anyone give some gd website because iam living out side of US n i like to start this project with my father so any..... plz help
qqqtttoooppp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
MrPbody
AF -Advisor

Re: GTO 65..help

Okay. '65 GTO. HHHMMMMM...... BIG BUCKS (lots of money in American slang). Where are you located?

A '65 Tempest or LeMans can give you effectively the same platform to build your hot Pontiac. Much lower price and more available. GTO is the premium car, and '65s are among the most sought after of ALL muscle cars.

As for the engine, well, that's a debate. I feel, you can do anything that needs to be done with a street car, using the traditional Pontiac V8. It's a great design, and many modern engines employ certain design characteristics "borrowed" from the Poncho.
There are those that will tell you you must use a Chevy engine to make the Pontiac "run". We have several Pontiac-powered streeters with 600-plus HP, running their cars well into the 10 second range in the 1/4 mile. They run well on 93 octane fuel, too (98 in Europe).

Go to some of the Pontiac-specific websites, and maybe you'll turn up a car you can live with.

There are others, but these three seem to be the most popular and least cluttered with egos. Plenty of good info and good people willing to share.

Jim

Last edited by maxwedge; 07-19-2007 at 02:58 PM.
MrPbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
qqqtttoooppp
AF Newbie

Cool Re: GTO 65..help

iam from Qatar if here about it (it country in Parisian gulf ) okay wat is the different between 65 GTO and 65 Tempest or LeMans ?????
can u give me estimate how much this project will coast me n can u find this car for me ????
i will be really greatfull
btw i didnt find anything in this web u give me i mean car for sell ?? wat can i do because around here is hard to find old car .....

Amir
qqqtttoooppp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:04 AM   #4
MrPbody
AF -Advisor

Re: GTO 65..help

Amir,

E-mail me directly. I may be able to help you.

Jim

mrpbody@earthlink.net
MrPbody is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > GTO > Classic GTO's (1964-1974)