Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Concorde
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
CluelessNovice
AF Newbie

Exclamation 96 Chrysler Concorde Problems

I just purchased a 1996 Concorde that had been sitting in a lot for over a year and not driven at all. I have a few issues with it.
1) Check Engine Light comes on periodically - I was told by seller this happens and "not to worry"
2) Fuel Light comes on even when I have gas and the tank indicator needle goes up and down, all the way to "E" even when I half 1/2 a tank of gas!
3) Factory Radio/Cassette/CD: Radio and Tape work but when i try to put in a CD I get an error code - I think its "E01". Manual says to take to dealer, but I've been told that you can reset this? I do know that the battery had previously died and had to be fully charged approximately a week before I purchased the vehicle.
4) Sunroof squeaks when it goes to close/vent - what is the best think to lubricate it with. Doesn't make any noises when opening - Just when I go to close it or put it on vent.
I was hoping for answers because I don't really want to take vehicle to a Dealer yet for fixing it since I just spent money on the car and I'm a little strapped for cash at the moment.
CluelessNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:57 AM   #2
AWP9521
AF Enthusiast

Re: 96 Chrysler Concorde Problems

Quote:
1) Check Engine Light comes on periodically - I was told by seller this happens and "not to worry"
The Check Engine light comes on for a reason, ignoring why or "not worrying" won't make it go away, you need to get the car scanned with a scan tool to find out why.

Quote:
2) Fuel Light comes on even when I have gas and the tank indicator needle goes up and down, all the way to "E" even when I half 1/2 a tank of gas!
The Fuel Tank sender is going bad. The bad thing is, it is integral with the fuel pump so it must be replaced as a unit and they are not cheap. The good thing is, it can be replaced by removing the rear seat and changing the pump through the access panel underneath the trunk liner. No pulling or draining of the tank is necessary.

Quote:
3) Factory Radio/Cassette/CD: Radio and Tape work but when I try to put in a CD I get an error code - I think its "E01". Manual says to take to dealer, but I've been told that you can reset this? I do know that the battery had previously died and had to be fully charged approximately a week before I purchased the vehicle.
Sounds like there is a transport or Laser problem with the CD Player, I have the same unit in my LHS, it still works fine but every so ofter it does seem to have a problem spitting out the CD. I have never heard of a way to reset a trouble code for the head unit.

Quote:
I was hoping for answers because I don't really want to take vehicle to a Dealer yet for fixing it since I just spent money on the car and I'm a little strapped for cash at the moment.
Can't tell about the sunroof squeak, never had one that squeaked. But your going to have to see a dealer for the check engine light problem at least to find out what is going on. Even if it's an intermittant thing now it will mostlikely turn to a hard problem, at least the PCM stores the info so the cause of the light can be known.
AWP9521 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Concorde