Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Prius
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 08:57 PM   #1
chromie
AF Newbie

How to reset Check Engine Light on 2005 Prius with out scanner.

Hello, my friend has a 2005 Toyota Prius w/ 22,000 miles the check engine light came on and has not gone away.. What I wanted to know is how can I reset the Check Engine Light with out the scanner. I know some cars you can just disconnect the battery others you disconnect and tuch the terminals.. I know it's not the right way but If someone could please help me. I would appreciate it..
chromie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
goatnic
AF Newbie

Re: How to reset Check Engine Light on 2005 Prius with out scanner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromie
Hello, my friend has a 2005 Toyota Prius w/ 22,000 miles the check engine light came on and has not gone away.. What I wanted to know is how can I reset the Check Engine Light with out the scanner. I know some cars you can just disconnect the battery others you disconnect and tuch the terminals.. I know it's not the right way but If someone could please help me. I would appreciate it..
hold the trip odometer button in then turn the car on w/out your foot on the brake(2 pushes of the start button) keep holding the button until the 5 dashes blink down to 00000. this resets the oil change reminder (5000mi) and should take the ck eng light off. if not it might need to be scanned for something wrong
goatnic is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Prius