Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Navigator
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
jjordan2
AF Newbie

2003 Keyless entry code

I am looking for the keyless entry code for a 2003 Navigator. I have seen posts for the 2002 an older, but it does not seem to be in the same place.
jjordan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2003 Keyless entry code

This is for 2004; I don't have the 2003 manual handy. (I'll check it later for discrepancy)

For 2004:
The system (permanent) entry code is located on the owner's wallet card in the glove box; it is also electronically accessible using a diagnostic tool, and it is on the Receiver Assembly housing.

The Receiver Assembly is programmed at the factory with a five-digit entry code. A new Receiver Assembly includes a new owner's code card.

Now, I can't find any specific reference to a "Receiver Assembly", so I wont be able to say where it's located However, I suspect the "Vehicle Security Module" will have the Permanent Factory Code printed on it's case as well.

Have a look there and let us know what you find.

Vehicle Security Module

Remove the pushpin and the RH interior kick panel.

NOTE: Prior to removal of the vehicle security module, it is necessary to upload module configuration information to a diagnostic tool. This information needs to be downloaded into the new module once installed.

Last edited by Towncar; 01-07-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Towncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #3
jjordan2
AF Newbie

Do you mean the drivers side RH kick panel or the passenger kick panel

Thanks,
Old 01-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #4
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan2
Do you mean the drivers side RH kick panel or the passenger kick panel

Thanks,

(RH) is listed in the book.... I'm assuming that means Passenger Side. There's only one fastener showing for that panel.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #5
Onblsht
Authorized Vendor

The remote programming instructions?

They are the same from 98-07

Do not press brake pedal during REMOTE ENTRY programming procedure as it will immediately exit you from that mode. Electronically unlock the vehicle prior to attempting to enter Remote Entry Programming Mode. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times with 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. All doors will ock then unlock to confirm orogramming mde. Within 20 seconds press any button on the 1st remote tranmitter. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. Within 20 seconds press any button on the 2nd transmitter. (Up to 4 transmitters total possible.) Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
Onblsht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #6
jjordan2
AF Newbie

The kick panel on the passenger side below the dash, once removed revealed a fuse box, but nothing like Vehicle Security Module in the picture you supplied. So far no luck locating the module and the numbers
Old 01-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #7
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan2
The kick panel on the passenger side below the dash, once removed revealed a fuse box, but nothing like[/b] [b]Vehicle Security Module in the picture you supplied. So far no luck locating the module and the numbers

Hmmm, this means 2004 isn't the same as 2003.

I'll have to dig out the 2003 manual if you don't find it first. I also seem remember seeing a post somewhere that talked about seeing the keypad code on a module inside the rear quarter panel accessed through the rear hatch. I don't recall the specifics, but I remember someone saying "look deep in there with a flashlight" or something like that. I'll look for that one too.

I'll try to find my 03 manual... don't give up yet!! Remember, the dealer can get the code electronically too

EDIT:
Ok, I was wrong on the "look deep inside with a flashlight" that was in reference to Explorer's till 2001. The keyless module is behind the Jack compartment (with the Jack removed) on those.

Every other reference's I see are like these, so far:
Quote:
It's under the dash, drivers side, upper left corner on the firewall. The computer is a big box with a white sticker that has a 5 digit code. That's the factory code that can't be changed so be carefull with it.
Quote:
The '01 Expedition has a blackbox directly above the brake pedal with a 5 digit # on it..
The '00 Navigator has a whitebox under the drivers side dash with the code # on it..
The '01 Navigator has a graybox under the drivers side dash, way up there with the # on it..
The '02 F250 has a blackbox behind the brake pedal, on the firewall with the # on it..

In all cases, the sticker with the number is looking right at you.

Last edited by Towncar; 01-12-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Towncar is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Navigator