Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 6
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
83XFIRE
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 83XFIRE
Friend is contemplating a 6

Hello,
My friend is contemplating getting a mazda 6. Is there any years, issues, models, motors, that she should stay away from? Any other info we should know before she buys something? She is looking for a manual. Anyone have any input as to how these cars do in the snow (live in Minnesota). I'm sure a lot of this has been covered by a lot of people, but to dig for all this information would take longer than anyones response of "Yes, look for this..." or "No problems yet..." and all that.
Thank you for any information.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:52 AM   #2
rjitzsu
AF Newbie

Re: Friend is contemplating a 6

i can highly reccomend the mazda 6 for anybody.

i work on these cars and have had very few problems. their main issues are related to check engine lights, most of which are nonsense issues resolved by updated powertrain control module programming and such. i can always reccomend dealer service departments for any issue with this car, but i have rarely seen any problems with them.

the 3.0 v6 is a very strong engine. the car will run great and have the power you long for... especially from a sedan.

the 2.3 i4 is also a great engine with very few problems. you can feel a significant loss in power as compared to the v6 engine but you're gaining a lot is economics especially with the cost of gas. the 2.3 i4 is also the engine that mazda seems to be building it's franchise around as it is similar to the 2.3L engines in the truck, tribute, mazda3, mazda5, and new miata... so parts and prices should be just right in the future if it does need anything.

anyhoo- great car. i'd love to own one myself.
rjitzsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:57 AM   #3
ImSoYesterday
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to ImSoYesterday Send a message via AIM to ImSoYesterday Send a message via MSN to ImSoYesterday Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoYesterday

I also am contemplating one, I currently drive a del Sol with a B16, I can get down the track in about 14.8 right now, I am looking for something mre practical, and that will still have some balls. Can you get me hp/tq/ estimated 1/4 times from an expierienced driver from these cars off the top of your head, I tried googling it, it came back with stupid websites about price and all that. I also refuse to drive an automatic. Any info would be very helpful, thank you much.

J

TSS: Rockin' the Bitches' Faces.
B16A2 engine with:
Short ram intake.
DC Sport header: Ceramic coated, 4-2-1.
Custom headerback exhaust with disconnected muffler.
MSD Ignition system. (With Enkei wires)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/imsoyesterday
ImSoYesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:04 PM   #4
techchick
AF Newbie

I'm happy to say I'm a new owner of Da 6, and I love it to death. I was at the dealer for a looong time, but it was worth the wait. Alot of stuff to play with and i'm having fun.

Is this considered a sports car? I can see a speeding ticket in my future
techchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

I'm also looking at a used 2006 6s with about 22k miles on it. The asking price is $17900 which I feel is a little high. It is loaded however with even the 6speed tranny. I've been thinking of selling the SRT4 and getting this one. My big worry is that there are no dealers within a 50 mile radius. The last time I bought something that I can't service locally ( 2000 Jetta) I got burned big time because it ended up being a lemon.
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #6
macklime
AF Newbie

Just bought a Mazda6, 2007 model. It's an amazing car. I've only had it a few days but it's a lot of fun to drive. Pretty decent pep for a 4 cylinder (I have the I-4 GS model). Lots of stuff come with the base model (manual AC, power windows, power locks, auto window down via remote, 60/40 rear seat, map lights, etc)..A nice large trunk as well. The car I had before it was a Regal, which was killed when a guy ran a red on me. The interior size is comparable to the Regal, so it's a comfortable ride. We had some major snow (1 foot) yesterday, and it was a bit of a pain driving in it, but mainly because the car came with All Season tires and not winter tires. Would have been easier with good winter radials.

I highly recommend this vehicle. I would also recommend though, an extended warranty until at least your payments end. The base warranty is only 3 years/80,000kms (in Canada) so I guess that'll be 3 years/50000 miles in the states, and so I chose to add an additional 3 years just so I'd have a year of no worries/hassles after payments were finished.

Zoom Zoom
macklime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #7
Raz_Kaz
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoYesterday
I also am contemplating one, I currently drive a del Sol with a B16, I can get down the track in about 14.8 right now, I am looking for something mre practical, and that will still have some balls. Can you get me hp/tq/ estimated 1/4 times from an expierienced driver from these cars off the top of your head, I tried googling it, it came back with stupid websites about price and all that. I also refuse to drive an automatic. Any info would be very helpful, thank you much.

J
220hp 198 ft-lbs...1/4 mile is 15.1 C&D. I went to the track once and with full spare and full tank I was able to get 15.4-15.5 consistent. These cars are starved for air...people have dropped 1/4 mile times a full second with a better flywheel and better tires.
Raz_Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 6