Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Ninety Eight
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
N3NAA
AF Newbie

1992 Olds 98 Regency air ride

1992 Olds 98 Regency –
3.8L - Digital dash – Air ride
(New to the group)

The problem that I’m having is I think the Air ride is wearing out, the rear end bounces around a lot and the air compressor runs a lot. What I’m looking for is where can I find replacement air shocks (?) for the rear end? Many people have told me that it is very costly to do any work on the air ride and I have put it off because of the cost. Does anyone have any experience with the air ride on this model and if so can you recommend a place to get the shocks.

On another note I’ve had problems with the Climate control unit, it seemed to work for a while and them it stopped turning the air compressor on. What would happen is the temp* would flash for about 2 minutes when starting the car, the heat would work but the AC was a no go. The fix that I found was to disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes and then reconnect. After that everything works again, until it goes below 50 degrees F and it starts all over again. I can get it to work its just a little inconvenient.

N3NAA
TheGapMan13@yahoo.com
N3NAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Lightbulb Re: 1992 Olds 98 Regency air ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3NAA
1992 Olds 98 Regency –
3.8L - Digital dash – Air ride
(New to the group)

The problem that I’m having is I think the Air ride is wearing out, the rear end bounces around a lot and the air compressor runs a lot. What I’m looking for is where can I find replacement air shocks (?) for the rear end? Many people have told me that it is very costly to do any work on the air ride and I have put it off because of the cost. Does anyone have any experience with the air ride on this model and if so can you recommend a place to get the shocks.

On another note I’ve had problems with the Climate control unit, it seemed to work for a while and them it stopped turning the air compressor on. What would happen is the temp* would flash for about 2 minutes when starting the car, the heat would work but the AC was a no go. The fix that I found was to disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes and then reconnect. After that everything works again, until it goes below 50 degrees F and it starts all over again. I can get it to work its just a little inconvenient.

N3NAA
TheGapMan13@yahoo.com
Welcome to AF, only factory rear air shocks will connect to the exisiting lines, you could get am ones and run an air fill line to a spot under the bumper for manual fill, or I think they make compression unions to join the part of the line that goes to the pump to a section of line that will fit your am shocks, that way the level ride should still work. Is your outside temp reading on the comfort control panel reading accurately?
maxwedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:16 PM   #3
N3NAA
AF Newbie

Re: 1992 Olds 98 Regency air ride

Yes, the outside temp is accurate, with a degree or to with the local radio station.

Last edited by N3NAA; 06-20-2006 at 05:15 PM.
N3NAA is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Ninety Eight