Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Amigo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 06:54 PM   #1
ghost86
AF Newbie

Amigo starts then dies

4 cly. fuel inj. used to get diagnostic readings from the 'check engine'
light. not any more. too many checks. maybe a few starts with the wires connected. oops. Back to the vitals. spark good. battery full.
38 lbs on the fuel rail. Seems all injectors arent firing. pour gas down its throat and it does run for few secs. Manual points to ign.module or ecm,
1 or the other. Not alot of amigos at the junk yard. One quoted me about $240 for the ECM. So much for that idea.
ghost86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #2
vikingbroski
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to vikingbroski
Re: Amigo starts then dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost86
4 cly. fuel inj. used to get diagnostic readings from the 'check engine'
light. not any more. too many checks. maybe a few starts with the wires connected. oops. Back to the vitals. spark good. battery full.
38 lbs on the fuel rail. Seems all injectors arent firing. pour gas down its throat and it does run for few secs. Manual points to ign.module or ecm,
1 or the other. Not alot of amigos at the junk yard. One quoted me about $240 for the ECM. So much for that idea.
does it start and run for a sec and then die? i turned mine on today, it ran for a few seconds and then started to die. i had to keep my foot on the gas for a bit (a couple minutes) and it warmed up enough and ran perfectly fine. dunno if thats the same problem but i need help too
vikingbroski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:32 PM   #3
navvarre
AF Newbie

Re: Amigo starts then dies

I know this is an old post.
But I found on the 2.6 liter engines if the temp coolant sensor (2 pin connector ) under the intake manifold starts going bad the engine will die out (no spark) Frustrating I know especially when it took weeks to find the issue! Especially when the manuals (three of them ) don't even mention it as a no start condition

But at least I found it!
navvarre is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Amigo