Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Prism
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 04:33 PM   #1
rockhound
AF Newbie

Question Prizm-Corolla How much do they really have in common?

How much do the Chevy Prizm and the Toyota Corolla really have in common?
I own a '01 Prizm and I want to add some mods to it, and I've been told that most Corolla parts will fit my Prizm.
I wanted to know to what extent. Are the engine the same? Will suspension parts from a Corolla work for my Prizm? Will Alltezza taillights for a '01 Corolla fit, even though the trunk keyhole are on the taillight? How about headlight eyebrows?
Also, what is the difference between the 2000 models and the 2001 models. I have read that a bodykits front bumper for a '00 will not fit a '01. I have also heard that the headlight eyebrows for those two model years are also different. Anybody know where I can find eyebrows for my car?
Anybody who can help me, please e-mail me or visit my homepage at [url]http://members.cardomain.com/greatwhiteshark[url/] and sign my guestbook. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:51 PM   #2
hooligan
AF Newbie

hey guy,

the 98-2001 corolla/prizm have plenty in common, except for the hood, trunk, tail/head lights and some minor dash features. The two cars are mechanicaly identical. I owned a 2001 prizm and I used corolla suspension mods to lower it, corolla intake, and such. Those parts were on my car for little less than year before I sold it and took them off. If you would be interested in moding your prizm, I can give you a ton of tips and if you want cheap mod parts, I can sell you the ones I had on my car if you want for bargain, since they are only collecting dust in my basement and taking up space.

The suspension is actually a ground control coilover system with eibach springs, kyb struts, and a ractive strut bar. The prizm was nice and low, handled great, but of course, the ride was not as enjoyable as before. I had a weapon r intake that sounded great and added plenty of kick on take off, and also a APEXi S-AFC that was used to control how long the injectors stay open and control air/gas ratio mix. I put all that stuff in myself, and it was not that bad, considering the time I spent. Shoot me an email if you are interested. Peace.

rami
ramidaman@yahoo.com
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 11:22 PM   #3
maxspeedprizm
AF Newbie

would the 99corolla front fender sides with the air dams in them fit the 99 prizm?
maxspeedprizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:22 PM   #4
TNelcLADY82
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to TNelcLADY82
Re: Prizm-Corolla How much do they really have in common?

BE CAREFUL what Corolla parts you put on a Prizm! Some things fit, most don't. Headlights and things are different for different years, so pay close attention. I only trust real Chevy parts for my Chevy Prizm, and real Geo Parts for my Geo. I found out the hard way Corolla don't always work, and mixing years isn't good either.
Good luck.
Love from Tennessee, MizzPrizml, ~Amanda
TNelcLADY82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:43 PM   #5
IFIXCARZ4U
AF Newbie

If you really want to know what will swap on your prizm call your local junk yard most have the ability to tell you what parts will interchange and from what years
IFIXCARZ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:40 AM   #6
n1ckml007
AF Newbie

Re: Prizm-Corolla How much do they really have in common?

The charcoal canister filter is the same (EVAP). I recently had a mechanic replace mine with a toyota part (cheaper), to clear a check engine light.
n1ckml007 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Prism