Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 12:12 PM   #1
buickpoor
AF Newbie

Angry 2000 Buick Lesabre Custom NO Heat - Heater Core fine

I purchased this 2000 Lesabre this spring\summer and did not think to check the Heat as the A/C was working fine. as soon as the temp dropped this fall I noticed there was no heat at all coming from any vent, just cold air - not a/c cold but cold . Heater core hoses have hot going in and coming back out. Could it be the HVAC valve? and how do you get the dash off to check connections. (also the four buttons on right side of heater/ac controls do not light up when dash lights are on) any help is appreciated - wife does not like cold car.

I actually took the woodgrain trim off and removed the heater/ac control. It is an electronic device that plugs in like a computer card! the stupid thing only weighs a fraction of a pound. If 4 of the lights are out all in the same area could it be a circuit board failure? I don't think it is a dual climate control, it appears to be just a manual control. when I took out the glovebox and the passenger side hush panel I did not see any cables or vacuum lines. I did not see the actuator, where is it in relation to the glovebox and how would I recognize it?

Last edited by buickpoor; 10-03-2005 at 08:35 AM.
buickpoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:04 AM   #2
polarzak
AF Regular

Re: 2000 Buick Lesabre Custom NO Heat - Heater Core fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickpoor
I purchased this 2000 Lesabre this spring\summer and did not think to check the Heat as the A/C was working fine. as soon as the temp dropped this fall I noticed there was no heat at all coming from any vent, just cold air - not a/c cold but cold . Heater core hoses have hot going in and coming back out. Could it be the HVAC valve? and how do you get the dash off to check connections. (also the four buttons on right side of heater/ac controls do not light up when dash lights are on) any help is appreciated - wife does not like cold car.

I actually took the woodgrain trim off and removed the heater/ac control. It is an electronic device that plugs in like a computer card! the stupid thing only weighs a fraction of a pound. If 4 of the lights are out all in the same area could it be a circuit board failure? I don't think it is a dual climate control, it appears to be just a manual control. when I took out the glovebox and the passenger side hush panel I did not see any cables or vacuum lines. I did not see the actuator, where is it in relation to the glovebox and how would I recognize it?

Had a no heat problem. Turned out to be a fuse. Check your manual and check the fuses that control the HAVC. There are a couple of them.
polarzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 03:31 PM   #3
buickpoor
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 2000 Buick Lesabre Custom NO Heat - Heater Core fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarzak
Had a no heat problem. Turned out to be a fuse. Check your manual and check the fuses that control the HAVC. There are a couple of them.

1st thing I checked was fuses and circuit breakers but will check again. this car acutally has one set under the hood an another under the passenger seat next to the battery. thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:47 AM   #4
buickpoor
AF Newbie

Angry Re: Re: Re: 2000 Buick Lesabre Custom NO Heat - Heater Core fine

Quote:
1st thing I checked was fuses and circuit breakers but will check again. this car acutally has one set under the hood an another under the passenger seat next to the battery. thanks for the suggestion though.
I found that someone had removed the Micro Relay switch at position # 33 which controls the HVAC Soleniod. If i can figure out which one of the others is the same rating i could pull it and see if putting it in position #33 fixes the problem, can't seem to get one out though, is there a trick to it?
Old 10-17-2005, 12:56 AM   #5
buickpoor
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Re: Re: Re: 2000 Buick Lesabre Custom NO Heat - Heater Core fine

Quote:
I found that someone had removed the Micro Relay switch at position # 33 which controls the HVAC Soleniod. If i can figure out which one of the others is the same rating i could pull it and see if putting it in position #33 fixes the problem, can't seem to get one out though, is there a trick to it?

I Have Heat. Thanks to 1970RIV and his personal reply of a diagram of the acutator. I located, removed and opened it up. It had a fried circuit board. I then went to the local wrecking yard and purchased one for next to nothing.
Dealer wanted $60.00, Autoparts house $55.00, Internet $45.00 + $9.00 S&H
Paid $6.00 at wrecking yard. Wife is happy - Happy wife, Happy life.

Thanks for all suggestions
Buickpoor

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre