Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
tgirl527
AF Newbie

'02 wet passenger floorboard

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing the passenger side floorboard to be soaking wet?

There is not a sweet odor or anything like that, rather a musty smell when you get into the car from the floor being wet after sitting in the heat. The AC does not seem to blow out very cold either, so I think this is the problem, I am not sure where or what to begin to check and I would like a better understanding of it before I take it to the dealership to get charged $$$$$$ -lol

It seems to come from under the dash area on the passenger side and it runs along the plastic trim by/under/along the passenger door/floor and it is sopping/soaking wet, but no odor of any kind other than wet carpet.
If you open the car door and look at thr ground under neath the car it is a pretty big, fast puddle of water that is running onto the ground as well.

Has anyone had the same problem or have any ideas?
Thanks
Tamara
tgirl527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
Mr. Northface
AF Enthusiast

I had a leak happen to mine.

Turned out to be the moon roof deflector's clip. It wasn't seated down properly & therefore during moderate to heavy rain storms....my passenger seat & floor got really wet.

Do you have a moonroof? Check it out & see if one of the rubber gaskets is bad or not.
Performance:
TrueFlow Air Intake
Granatelli Mass Flow Air Sensor
FlowMaster 70 Series SUV Muffler
Predator Power Programmer
Airaid Throttle Body Spacer
Misc.:
Super White headlights 80W & 100W
Fog Lamp bulbs
Billet Grill
XM
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Box
Valentine 1 Radar
Line Of Fire 49" L.E.D Brake Light
Mr. Northface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
tgirl527
AF Newbie

No moonroof in mine.
It is getting wet without it raining, it seems to be whenever I have the Air conditioner turned on to blow out of the mian vents and the floor vents.
tgirl527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:44 PM   #4
cinemaniac
AF Newbie

Re: '02 wet passenger floorboard

I am having the same problem with mine. Did you ever get a fix or find out what was wrong?
cinemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:16 AM   #5
dh4645
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to dh4645

it's raining pretty decent today and i left my storage area windows open. i cant get to my car until the end of the day. hopefully not too much is getting f'ed up.
dh4645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:41 PM   #6
Schurkey
AF Enthusiast

Any chance the condensation drain for the A/C is plugged?
For the good of the Free World, DEMAND COMPENSATION FROM CHINA for their release of the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Laboratory, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19). Ten trillion to start with, increasing as needed from there, PLUS compensation for the sickened, and "wrongful death" settlements for the families of those who didn't survive. END trade with Communist China.
Schurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:46 PM   #7
baskerj
AF Regular

Re: Re: '02 wet passenger floorboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurkey
Any chance the condensation drain for the A/C is plugged?
Probably has something to do with those pesky day-time running lights... Just kidding....love ya...mean it.

Actually, Schurkey might be onto something there. I had a 2002 Saturn VUE that the passenger side got wet after the A/C ran for a while and it turned out to be something plugged in the system and it was draining inside the cab...DOH!
baskerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #8
dorismae1954
AF Newbie

I have a trailblazer 2004 and the passenger side floor is wet on side where the plastic side runner is, but it is not wet from the top of the carpet down,just where yoou put your right foot. can anyone tell me how this can happen? it has a moon roof that opens but it was closed and we have had a lot of heavy rain this past week and where to lok for the deflectors clip?
dorismae1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #9
dorismae1954
AF Newbie

I have a trailblazer 2004 and the passenger side floor is wet on side where the plastic side runner is, but it is not wet from the top of the carpet down,just where you put your right foot. can anyone tell me how this can happen? it has a moon roof that opens but it was closed and we have had a lot of heavy rain this past week and where to look for the deflectors clip?
dorismae1954 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT