Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Traffic Violations - U.S. only Discuss anything conerning speeding tickets and other traffic violations in the US.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 07:59 PM   #1
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

NY Introduces Bill to ban spinners hubcaps

File under Strange, but true stories...

Looks like my state (NY) senator just introduced a bill that would make it illegal to have those spinner hubcaps. S.B. 4740 would prohibit the sale and use of motor vehicles equipped with spinner hubcaps and subject vehicle owners to fines of up to $750 for a third or subsequent violation. Those convicted of selling spinner hubcaps can be fined $150 for each violation.

According to the senator, these spinner hubcaps can cause accidents because they give the illusion that the vechicle is still in motion even though the vehicle is at a stand still.

So what do you folks think?

TS out

Members please read: Guidelines

Last edited by twospirits; 06-23-2005 at 09:22 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 05-01-2005, 08:08 PM   #2
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Re: NY Introduces Bill to ban spinners hubcaps

It's dumb enough that it will probably pass...GOD I love NYs politicians
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:55 PM   #3
T6Y5
AF Newbie

Why dont they just ban spinners.. they are so gay!
Old 05-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #4
93rollaracer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93rollaracer

(in reference to the law)

If you think a car is still moving because it has spinners Darwin wants you to wreck.

Proud member of DAMM: Drunks Against Mad Mothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnym86

Metalheads: 93rolleracer

crazy sons of bitches who get hammered, break shit, and scream. yeah, they're pretty cool. right up to the point when they lynch a black guy.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:18 PM   #5
greasyhog
AF Premium User

you say spinner hubcaps but what about the spinner rims?
Old 05-01-2005, 10:37 PM   #6
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Thats the thing, from what I read of teh bill its states spinner hubcaps, but I am sure he meant spinner rims, whether that makes a difference if the law is passed or not, I would not know. Even though I do not have spinners, I'll be curious to see how this plays out.

TS out

Old 05-01-2005, 11:14 PM   #7
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Jeesh, they keep passing (or try to pass) these laws, but they don't enforce them. How many people do you see driving around here in NY while talking on a cell phone? You never see anybody getting a ticket for doing it. If they were to write tickets for each offense, there wouldn't be a need for taxes in this state. The state could function off the revenue generated from all those tickets, LOL.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
Old 05-02-2005, 08:59 AM   #8
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

I agree with you, but what really gets my blood going is actually seeing a cop on a cell phone while driving. Good example there buddy cop to teach others.

TS out

Old 05-02-2005, 12:33 PM   #9
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Re: Re: NY Introduces Bill to ban spinners hubcaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by T6Y5
Please explain to me how rotating pieces of plastic or metal can have any sexual orientation at all...let alone a homosexual one? Next time, please try and find a better adjective to describe your displeasure. Thanks
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #10
T6Y5
AF Newbie

Ok.. Mr. spinner lover
Old 05-02-2005, 05:25 PM   #11
Mustangman25
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mustangman25

I wish that they would just ban spinners outright, but as was said earlier, nothing would come out of it...drive around here, and you can find that no one pays attention to the law. There was a blurb in Road and Track that said that a recent study showed that when 20 year old drives while talking on a phone (hands free) he drives like a 74 year old; yet the cops just let it pass. NY is so screwy sometimes
Old 05-02-2005, 08:55 PM   #12
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Re: Re: NY Introduces Bill to ban spinners hubcaps

Quote:
Why don't we ban guys who don't have cars and are hanging out in forums just posting stuff not really contributing to the subject at hand..
Quote:
Ok.. Mr. spinner lover
I do not see in no way Igovert500 advocating spinners or not. He is just addressing your use of the word gay. So please Ilya, do not take things out of context.

Now back to the topic at hand...

TS out

Old 05-03-2005, 12:02 AM   #13
T6Y5
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: NY Introduces Bill to ban spinners hubcaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits
Why don't we ban guys who don't have cars and are hanging out in forums just posting stuff not really contributing to the subject at hand..I do not see in no way Igovert500 advocating spinners or not. He is just addressing your use of the word gay. So please Ilya, do not take things out of context.

Now back to the topic at hand...

TS out
First off.. I dont have a car.. im too young.. but i love them.. so it doesnt mean i should be kicked off.. so that whole point of view is dumb.

I know he is addresing my use of the word.. as u can see my at the end.. its a joke.. jokes like this dont need to be quoted and explained.

How about we just drop it.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:52 PM   #14
planet_keeper
AF Regular

lol, next they are going to ban floaters (spinners that are weighted so that they dont move) because people are going to be slamming on their brakes on the freeway because the car's wheels in front of them arent moving...

Since there is no real basis for the bill, sounds like a politician trying to score some 'good goy' points. If there really is a case where spinners was listed as a cause for the accident, the person probably just didn't want to look like a dumbass for thinking the car was still moving, so he said it was the spinners' fault.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:14 AM   #15
95cord
AF Enthusiast

I think this bill will never pass. If you think a car is still moving just because the rims are still spinning, you sould have your ass kicked, and have a reailty check, your in the 21st centery. I like spinners, my sister has a caddie on 20's with spinners and it looks good.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only