Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Continental
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:38 PM   #1
Bennie_Randle
AF Newbie

1996 Lincoln Continental Keypad Code

I purchased a 1996 Lincoln Continental. I have do not have the keypad code the door and the transmitter does not work. 1st can someone tell if I can reset the code or if it is hidden on the car somewhere. Also how do I tell if the transmitter is just bad, if the batteries are dead or if this has to do with the keypad code.
Bennie_Randle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
neil517
AF Newbie

Re: 1996 Lincoln Continental Keypad Code

YOur code for the keypad is located on the trunk hinge on the passenger side of the trunk. Open it up and look to your right it's on a white label and it is 5 digits long. Now, for the keyfob, replace the battery in it, if it looks like a dog bone, there are two batteries in it and you can get them at wal-mart. After doing that, you need to enter the code that you got from the trunk and then press the 1/2 button, then hit any button on the remote and just wait 5 seconds. You should then be able to use your keyfob.
neil517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 06:41 PM   #3
Bennie_Randle
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Re: 1996 Lincoln Continental Keypad Code

Thanks Neil. I was able to find the code and it worked. I have no doubt the battery fix will work also. Thanks.
Bennie_Randle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:01 PM   #4
neil517
AF Newbie

If you need help programming your own personal code in the keypad, let me know. It can hold two other codes in there that can act as your profile settings also so it sets your seat, temp, radio etc...
neil517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:02 PM   #5
tom.c
AF Newbie

I've got a 96 Towncar and would love to reprogram the remote so that pressing the open key once opens all doors rather than just the drivers door. What about it? Is this possible?
tom.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:27 PM   #6
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom.c
I've got a 96 Towncar and would love to reprogram the remote so that pressing the open key once opens all doors rather than just the drivers door. What about it? Is this possible?
Tom. Welcome Aboard !!

The answer is no. The keyless entry module is permanently programmed to open the drivers door on the first unlock command, then the rest of the doors on the second press of the unlock button. I imagine you could re-route the wires on the module to do what you want, or re-flash the program in the module to something you wrote yourself.

Similarly, an entry code on the keyless pad unlocks just the drivers door, then the #3 button (after the first entry) unlocks the other doors.

Also, try to post Town Car issues in the Town Car forum to keep this place organized for others

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Continental