Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Charger R/T | Charger SRT8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 07:15 AM   #1
Tony Stewart Fan
AF Regular

New 2006 Pics

I just saw a couple of the pics from the NY Auto Show of the new Charger that are really cool and thought I'd share one. I really like the way this car is shaping up.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:55 AM   #2
theFREAKnasty82
AF Enthusiast

Re: New 2006 Pics

It's a damn sexy car, I wanna start saving up for the SRT-8 version
Dead Or Dying Gas Eater
Department Of Defense Garbage Equipment
Dodge Owners Don't Get Excited
Don't Overdrive Gutless Engine
Drips Oil Drops Grease Everywhere

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 3.9 V6
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 5.2 V8 4X4
theFREAKnasty82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:51 AM   #3
Tony Stewart Fan
AF Regular

I think it's pretty great looking. It looks like it's got some real muscle, and it looks practical. It's hard to make a car look both, and I think they've done that.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:21 PM   #4
NIN881
AF Regular

I beg to differ. I have seen other pictures of it and I think dodge defiled that name once again. But, this time they tried to make it look like the cool one.

First, they decided to give it 4 doors. (4 doors on a charger! this is an outrage) Second, Why does every product that dodge comes out with have to have that dumb ugly grill. third, it is a sedan version of the magnum.

They did do somethings right. They gave it an agressive look and gave it the power it needs. 425 ponies. I like that! With the gas prices lately I don't know how well it will sell, usless they give support for E85. I would not give it so much grief if it was called something else. I love the 300C and this is the more agressive version of that. The 60-70's chargers had a meaness about them. This one looks like a skyline with an ugly grill.
1994 Mustang GT, TFS TW heads, TFS street heat intake, Pro 5.0 shifter, BBK LT headers, BBK short off road H, Mangnaflow catback, FMS 3.55 gears, TFS 1.6 rr, JMS chip (soon to be replaced by a tweecer).

Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.
NIN881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:46 PM   #5
Tony Stewart Fan
AF Regular

The Multidisplacement System should help with the gas mileage of the car. Other than that, i think it looks really agressive and powerful while still being able to maintain a sense of practicality.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:33 PM   #6
theFREAKnasty82
AF Enthusiast

though it's nothing like the original charger, like Tony Stewart Fan said, it gives you a sense of praticality and at the same time, muscle. This charger is 1000s times better than those god-awful "Chargers" of the 80s, a K-car w/ a 2.2 carbuerator and a turbo. That was a far cry for what the charger stood for, a big muscle car w/ big power. Just like Pontiac brought back the GTO, though it's not American mostly Aussie, they still stayed w/ the original format, 2-door muscle car w/ a powerful engine. The average buyer of these types of cars are gentlemen in the late 30s to early 40s. Most men at that age are married with a few kids. So, in addition to lighting the tires every now and then, John Q would like to haul his family around w/out having to squeeze the kids in the back w/ some 2-door midget. This is a car I would buy, though I'm in my early 20s, I would buy it b/c it looks great, have loads of power, a long history and looks more practical than a Dodge Magnum! Who needs a station wagon, correction, "sports tourer" as it is classified by the EPA?
Dead Or Dying Gas Eater

Old 04-20-2005, 10:02 AM   #7
Tony Stewart Fan
AF Regular

The price points came out for the Charger recently. It looks like it's going to be much more affordable than I ever imagined.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:57 AM   #8
LindaP
AF Newbie

Hi everyone. My name is LindaP and I'm a Marketing Representative for the Dodge Information Center. I was following this thread and it sparked my interest. I may be able to add some clarity and information to your Charger discussion if you don't mind me jumping in...
LindaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:30 AM   #9
BleedDodge
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to BleedDodge

Please do.

You could help us by doing us a favor. If you know Trevor Creed you could tell him that he needs to build a rear wheel drive V8 two door car to compete with the likes of Mustang. Then he'd really sell some cars...

Imagine how much business that DC has lost since they don't make a low-priced rear wheel drive V8 coupe? The only thing that comes close is a Viper and most people can't afford it. I'm a Chrysler person but I'll have to go over to Ford and get myself a Mustang just because my favorite company doesn't make me a 2 door car. I speak for many people, I'm not alone here.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:27 AM   #10
LindaP
AF Newbie

Hi BleedDodge. Your user name alone speaks volumes about your loyalty to Dodge and it’s much appreciated. But, before you run over to your local Ford dealer, let me reiterate that your cries for a 2 door version of the new Dodge Charger are not going unheard. You are absolutely not alone.

Although I can’t speak on future plans or projects for the Charger or any DCX product at this time, I can say, and have said, that the creation of the Charger was a well thought out plan. The research that was conducted showed that our customers wanted a sporty, aggressive vehicle that incorporated functionality and convenience. That being said, it does not mean that there isn’t those of you who still want the sporty appearance that comes with 2 door or coupe vehicles and we do understand that.
The new Dodge Charger should be thought of as an innovative spin on coupe styling and 4 door functionality. It still houses the mighty 5.7L V8 Hemi with Multi Displacement System, which by the way, you are absolutely correct about, Tony Stewart Fan. It has a provocative look, power, WITH generous interior accommodations. Not to mention it’s affordable. Have you taken a walk around the vehicle? Pictures may not do it the justice that it deserves. The exterior styling was designed to play down the 4 doors by making the door handles flush and color keyed to the rest of the vehicle. The lines of the vehicle travel to a very sporty, coupe-like disposition. The product credentials compare to, if not outweigh its competitors.

Unfortunately, I do not have a direct line to Mr. Creed, but I’m sure everyone at DCX appreciates the feedback and the discussion on the 2006 Dodge Charger, negative or positive, so keep it coming. Hopefully, I’ve shed a little light on this very popular topic and I’ll be around if you have any other questions…Thanks.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:17 AM   #11
Tony Stewart Fan
AF Regular

I really like the practicality of the car. Combine that with the power and the aggressive look, and I'm really looking to see how this car perfroms on the market.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:12 PM   #12
theFREAKnasty82
AF Enthusiast

Ms. LindaP, tell me one thing please, will there be a manual transmission version available at all? I'm a Dodge enthusiast to the core, I even work for a local Dodge dealer. The sales manager in my dealership tells me that the Charger is not available in manual. That, in my opinion is a slap to the face for the real Charger enthusiast who remembers a big 426 Hemi, w/a 4 on the floor. The sedan thing, I can live with, but an automatic transmission, please give us something to drool about, other than looks and available engines!
Dead Or Dying Gas Eater

Old 04-25-2005, 10:20 PM   #13
phaelax
AF Regular

I looked at the r/t at the auto show in columbus, do not like it.

Quote:
it is a sedan version of the magnum
exactly what i thought. I like the magnum actually, probably cause its not a 4dr sedan being called a charger. Though I do love the hemi power in it.
phaelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:49 AM   #14
Tony Stewart Fan
AF Regular

That's a good question about the manual transmission. I'll be interested to see what she has to say. Have you checked out those price points yet? Not too shabby.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:48 PM   #15
LindaP
AF Newbie

Well, Mr. theFREAKnasty82, I’d love to you that all your hopes and dreams for the new Charger will come true, however there is some validity to the vehicle going to an automatic rather than a manual transmission. Again, research has shown, (and yes everything is built off of research), that the demand for manual transmission has decreased considerably over the years, especially with larger vehicles, unbelievably enough. The case to go to manual simply could not be supported. However, it is too early to elaborate on future product plans.
I’m sure you’ve all realized however, that the Charger has a 5 speed automatic transmission with Autostick®. Have you ever driven a DCX vehicle with this feature? It addresses the need for manual driving with a clutchless and convenient enhancement. This fully electronic transmission provides the enthusiastic driver the ability to hold gears for a more spirited driving experience.
The benefits to this type of transmission include improved performance and improved fuel economy. Again, extending to a wider market.
And yet again, you are correct Tony Stewart Fan, the pricing is not shabby at all making the vehicle even more attractive. It was priced competitively based on the features of the vehicle and NOT the name. It may not be what you had in mind, but there's something else to drool over... :-)
Thanks again, everyone!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Charger R/T | Charger SRT8