Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 07:15 AM   #1
STEVE MILLIS
AF Newbie

Angry Another Windstar Code Issue: P0113

HELLO TO ALL! HAS ANYONE EXPERTED THIS CODE ON THE '99 WINDSTAR? IT IS LISTED AS THE "AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR" TURNS OUT THAT THE SENSOR IS NOT INSTALLED ON THIS YEAR? FORD HAS ALREADY SAID I SHOULD COME IN AND HAVE A 1.5 HOUR TEST TO SEE WHAT COMESUP. FROM WHAT I HAVE READ HEREIN, I SHOULD HAVE THE CREDIT CARD AT THE READY!
STEVE MILLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:33 AM   #2
cougarman
AF Regular

I believe Ford used to call it the "air charge temp. sensor". Probably located in the air intake hose between the MAF and throttle body.
cougarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:01 PM   #3
12Ounce
AF Fanatic

Re: Another Windstar Code Issue: P0113

'99 may have been the first year that the MAF and the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensors were combined into one unit ... located in the air filter cannister.
12Ounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:28 AM   #4
STEVE MILLIS
AF Newbie

Gentlemen.

I Thank You For Your Assistance And Advice. Another Source Has Said That Cleaning Was Reccomended By Ford But Did Not Say How. So Replacement Was The End Ford Thought. So, I Will Approach The Cleaning Aspect. Then Take It To Autozone And Clear The Code. See If It Works. Do Youall Think That Will Work?
Old 04-02-2005, 07:00 AM   #5
12Ounce
AF Fanatic

I've had to clean mine in the past .... it takes the smallest bit of dust by-passing the air filter to give you problems.

Radio Shack (and Costco) is one of many places where you can buy a can of "electronics cleaner". Radio Shack's is a 5.5 oz pressurized can of alcohol based cleaner. RS brand name = "Precision Electronics Cleaner".
12Ounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 12:42 PM   #6
BCMedic
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE MILLIS
Gentlemen.

I Thank You For Your Assistance And Advice. Another Source Has Said That Cleaning Was Reccomended By Ford But Did Not Say How. So Replacement Was The End Ford Thought. So, I Will Approach The Cleaning Aspect. Then Take It To Autozone And Clear The Code. See If It Works. Do Youall Think That Will Work?
Here is a good how-to:
http://www.crownvic.net/tech/cleanmaf.html
BCMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:34 AM   #7
STEVE MILLIS
AF Newbie

Quote:
HELLO TO ALL! HAS ANYONE EXPERTED THIS CODE ON THE '99 WINDSTAR? IT IS LISTED AS THE "AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR" TURNS OUT THAT THE SENSOR IS NOT INSTALLED ON THIS YEAR? FORD HAS ALREADY SAID I SHOULD COME IN AND HAVE A 1.5 HOUR TEST TO SEE WHAT COMESUP. FROM WHAT I HAVE READ HEREIN, I SHOULD HAVE THE CREDIT CARD AT THE READY!

MANY THANKS TO: BCMEDIC, 12Ounce, AND COUGARMAN. NOTHING LIKE EXPERIENCE AND A WRITTEN PROCEDURE! I WILL REPORT MY RESULTS WHEN I GET THE THING CLEANED! HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!
Old 04-17-2005, 09:17 AM   #8
STEVE MILLIS
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Another Windstar Code Issue: P0113

Quote:
MANY THANKS TO: BCMEDIC, 12Ounce, AND COUGARMAN. NOTHING LIKE EXPERIENCE AND A WRITTEN PROCEDURE! I WILL REPORT MY RESULTS WHEN I GET THE THING CLEANED! HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!

UPDATE ON THE CLEANING OF THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR IN RESPONSE TO A CODE 0113. UNFORTUNATELY, CLEANING IT DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM. I NEED TO GET THE BEAST SMOGGED SO I AM GOING TO REPLACE IT. $139 FROM KRAGEN. DOING MY BEST TO STAY AWAY FROM FORD. SEE WHAT OCCURS AND REPORT BACK THE RESULTS.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:23 PM   #9
wiswind
AF Moderator

I would try to locate a Motorcraft unit.....
Look at www.rockauto.com

If they do not list a Motorcraft one.....try www.parts.com

This will get you to a website from which you drill down to the manufacturer.....and then you will see a whole bunch of websites.....which are dealerships that have placed their parts departments on the web. You may be able to save a few bucks on a Motorcraft part there.
wiswind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:45 PM   #10
STEVE MILLIS
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Another Windstar Code Issue: P0113

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiswind
I would try to locate a Motorcraft unit.....
Look at www.rockauto.com

If they do not list a Motorcraft one.....try www.parts.com

This will get you to a website from which you drill down to the manufacturer.....and then you will see a whole bunch of websites.....which are dealerships that have placed their parts departments on the web. You may be able to save a few bucks on a Motorcraft part there.

WILL GIVE IT A TRY. THANKS!
Old 05-16-2005, 06:44 AM   #11
STEVE MILLIS
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Another Windstar Code Issue: P0113

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve Millis
update On The Cleaning Of The Mass Air Flow Sensor In Response To A Code 0113. Unfortunately, Cleaning It Did Not Solve The Problem. I Need To Get The Beast Smogged So I Am Going To Replace It. $139 From Kragen. Doing My Best To Stay Away From Ford. See What Occurs And Report Back The Results.
Final Update. Problem Solved. After Trying To Replace The Existing Part, It Would Not Fit Core, No One At The Different Parts Stores Were Knowledgable Enough, Etc., I Went To Ford. Turns Out That The Installed Maf Was The Wrong One For The Model. Put In The Car When A Damaged Catalytic Converter Blew Out A Lot Of Sensors . So It Worked Fine? Then It Failed. Cost: $426 Which Includes The Dia-test $120.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:02 AM   #12
DRW1000
AF Enthusiast

I am really curious as to how a damaged Catalytic converter could blow out a lot of sensors?.

Where was the repair originally performed?
DRW1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar