Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > Tribute
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 09:19 AM   #1
bensonc123
AF Newbie

Help removing front bumper/replace fog light

Hi all,

One of my fog light lenses shattered... why did Mazda make them out of glass! Anyway, I need to replace the lense but need help removing the front bumper. Can anyone help me with instructions (where the mount points/screws/etc...) or have any experience changing out the fog lamp?
Also, as a side question, where do you guys buy Mazda parts besides the dealer? They seem to charge an arm and a leg... literally! :-)

Thanks for any help!
bensonc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #2
AlohaBra
AF Enthusiast

Re: Help removing front bumper/replace fog light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensonc123
Hi all,

One of my fog light lenses shattered... why did Mazda make them out of glass! Anyway, I need to replace the lense but need help removing the front bumper. Can anyone help me with instructions (where the mount points/screws/etc...) or have any experience changing out the fog lamp?
Also, as a side question, where do you guys buy Mazda parts besides the dealer? They seem to charge an arm and a leg... literally! :-)

Thanks for any help!
I think you can get to it by loosenig one side of llower inner fender and just one side of the bumper cover and "slipping" in that way. Just looked at mine.
I did not replace mine because they cost a hundred bucks each. This truck is the "twin" of the Ford Escape so you can try to get parts at Ford (I think the new Ford Explorer and Escape uses one like that), but I don't think it would be cheaper. I silicone glued a piece of plastic over mine and the bulb still works so it just a cosmetic issue for me. I don't think I'll change it until the bulb goes.
AlohaBra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
AlohaBra
AF Enthusiast

Re: Help removing front bumper/replace fog light

For the record, I am going to change mine right now. I ordered one from speedyauto.com for about $71 (58 plus tax and s.h.) and took it out first to check the part number.

I loosened the inner fender (LH side) and jacked car up without removing tire, however removing tire will give you more clearance. Removed most of the screws toward the front and pryed back the plastic inner fender.

Disconnect the wire and remove four black self tapping screws holding assembly in place and it will come out. Replace in reverse order. I worked from under the front bumper, by layin down.

Hope this will help anyone else with this issue.
AlohaBra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
TomV
AF Regular

Thumbs up Re: Help removing front bumper/replace fog light

I just bought my replacement lamp on ebay (seller id was symsales) for about $57.50 total. Fit perfectly. Quality looks fine. The previous instructions seem to work.
TomV is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > Tribute