Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Excursion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 05:24 AM   #1
leowolf
AF Enthusiast

I made the cut

2000 7.3 diesel 4x4Wdual batteries

I was reading in the forum and found one that said that if i cut a piece out of the under gril it would help.

It Works

I followed the air duct from the air box to the front of the truck and found a practicle dead end. what im tring to say is, that for the air to get into the intake it realy has to do some obleque turns and there is a vacuum where the air is pulled from the vehicles slip stream.

Following the advice of the other forum i removed the 4 screws atop the grill, laid it forward, then pulled the two top christmas trees out of the condenser shroud on the right side. cut down the shroud to the temp sensor, cut out and snipped off toward the drivers side. used my dremmal tool and cut a 2.5 x 3.5 hole in front of where the intake terminates. it will be obvious when you look at it, the top cut should be just below the reinforcment.

ive got a cheap stp air filter that i just replaced and it hurt my milage. the last twwo days i was getting 16.5 mpg going to work and back (resetting the overhead each destination) and today i got 18.8 both ways, after doing the mod last night.

Good Luck!

PS there was some consern about water getting in, be careful not to go in any puddles over the top of the front bumper lol.
leowolf is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Excursion