Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 05:28 PM   #1
tpj1
AF Newbie

Message center help

The message center will not work on my 2002 Windstar. Is there a fuse that makes it work? Thanks
tpj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
Golfpro
AF Newbie

Re: Message center help

My message center is stuck on "Driver's side door is ajar" and I can not reset the message center. Any help out there available?
Golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:26 PM   #3
12Ounce
AF Fanatic

tpj1
The message center is fed from the instrument cluster... I doubt it is a fuse, but for info.....the fuses that feed the instrument cluster are #9, #14, #16, #28 and #10 in the box near driver's left foot.

Is the odometer illuminated? ... the radio? Does the message center switch board have a backlight? When pushed, do the message board switches make a "beep"?
12Ounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 11:42 PM   #4
tpj1
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Message center help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Ounce
tpj1
The message center is fed from the instrument cluster... I doubt it is a fuse, but for info.....the fuses that feed the instrument cluster are #9, #14, #16, #28 and #10 in the box near driver's left foot.

Is the odometer illuminated? ... the radio? Does the message center switch board have a backlight? When pushed, do the message board switches make a "beep"?
Hi. Everything else works great. Message center does nothing when pushed. No lights just beeps.
Thanks
tpj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 06:41 AM   #5
12Ounce
AF Fanatic

If you are getting the beeps, my theory (a loose connector on the button assembly) goes out the window. I don't have a clue.

The message board is integral with the instument cluster. The instument cluster is not easy to change-out. Not so bad just to physically replace ... but a new one has to re-programmed to the PCM and Key sensor ... not a DYI project.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:21 PM   #6
12Ounce
AF Fanatic

tpj1
I've just come up another thing to check:...The "roll" switch just left of the steering column. Does this switch work?...allowing you to adjust the illumination level of other instrument lights?
Old 02-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #7
12Ounce
AF Fanatic

Golfpro
Do your message board switches beep?
Old 03-21-2005, 06:31 AM   #8
chuckeliz
AF Newbie

2001 windstar message center

The message center only comes on intermittedly. Have tried disconnecting battery for a period and reconnecting it and that seemed to work until I shut the car off. Usually the message center is blank at startup but will sometimes come on after a few miles of driving. This all started after the battery went dead from the car sitting around without being used for a month and a half and then me having to boost it to get the car started. Any ideas as to the fix? Thanks.
chuckeliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:01 AM   #9
garync1
AF Enthusiast

I am learning new things about my van or will say my wifes van every day. I dont know if this will help but with the ignition turned off with key in I held down the trip odometer down to reset. everything lit up on the instrument cluster. I assume I was resetting the system. I was only tring to reset the trip odometer but did not know the car was not cranked yet. so not sure if this will help you because this was mistake on my part and did not really know what had happen. everything still works. I guess I assume I reset the system.
garync1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:08 PM   #10
micjersey
AF Newbie

garync1....thank you

thank you so much for your recent post....I just bought my wife an 03 windstar. We have twins on the way, so the minivan was the next step. I took your advice, about holding down the reset and it worked like a champ...figures, you buy a used car, and don't realize their isn't a owner's manual until you need it...thank you again.

mike jersey
destin, fl
micjersey is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar