Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 9-3
View Poll Results: Who would win for you; 9-3SportsHatch V 9-2X
9-3SportsHatch 9 90.00%
9-2X 1 10.00%
Neither, buy a alternative Merc, BMW, Audi... 0 0%
Don't Care 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
Ion Pulse
AF Enthusiast

9-3 SportsHatch, Its coming...

The SportsHatch is finally going to be unveiled at the forthcoming Geneva motorshow. I'am particularly excitied about the arrival of this car as it seems to me that this may be the car that saves Saab from the cluches of total GM badge-engineering. I mean if this car looks anything like the concept(which Saab assures us it will), it will look fabulous and combine all the great things about the 9-3SportSaloon in a more practical package. The SportsHatch will be offered with the same engines as the Saloon along with the recently launched 1.9litre diesels from Fiat. I also hope this car will go on sale in the US and Canada where it can show the 9-2X what a real Saab is ment to be like, I mean they are in direct competition(except from AWD) same size, similar turbocharged petrol engines and a similar 'lifestyle' market. The 9-2X is ment to be Subaru, I mean who would like the next Impreza based on a 9-3(eh Vectra!!!)?
Old 02-12-2005, 04:14 AM   #2
edonis
AF Enthusiast

Re: 9-3 SportsHatch, Its coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion Pulse
The SportsHatch is finally going to be unveiled at the forthcoming Geneva motorshow. I'am particularly excitied about the arrival of this car as it seems to me that this may be the car that saves Saab from the cluches of total GM badge-engineering. I mean if this car looks anything like the concept(which Saab assures us it will), it will look fabulous and combine all the great things about the 9-3SportSaloon in a more practical package. The SportsHatch will be offered with the same engines as the Saloon along with the recently launched 1.9litre diesels from Fiat. I also hope this car will go on sale in the US and Canada where it can show the 9-2X what a real Saab is ment to be like, I mean they are in direct competition(except from AWD) same size, similar turbocharged petrol engines and a similar 'lifestyle' market. The 9-2X is ment to be Subaru, I mean who would like the next Impreza based on a 9-3(eh Vectra!!!)?
I'm looking forward to the release! However, I wouldn't say that the 9-2X and 9-3SH/SC are direct competitors. The 9-2X is a much smaller car and less luxurious and plush. Yes, they've both got turbos but the Saabaru is powered by boxer engines and the 9-3 is not But oh well, if people are so stupid that they would buy a 9-2X over a 9-3, go ahead. At least it's better than an Impreza (if not by much) due to better styling...
edonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:32 PM   #3
DanSaab
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DanSaab
I cant wait to see the hatch out either. Should be exciting
DanSaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:57 PM   #4
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

The 2006 Saab 9-3 SportCombi looks nice.

Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 9-3