Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Mark VIII
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 07:10 AM   #1
Kulluan77
AF Newbie

97 Mark VIII No Heat

I know the heater core tends to be a problem on these cars (mines at 89k miles) but I dont think thats the problem here. There's no leaks in the heating/cooling system and I've checked the flow thru the heater core. Both hoses in and out get hot when running and when removed, water passes thru the heater core.

The vents for direction (defrost/vent/feet) seem to work but I presume the ones to switch from A/C to heat are not.

Anyone have similar problems or any infomation on how to fix this? Thanks
Kulluan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #2
el lobo
AF Newbie

Re: 97 Mark VIII No Heat

You may have a door issue that opens and closes to allow heat. Check here for more information.
http://www.lincolnsonline.com/cgi-bi...c&f=3&t=003770
good luck!
el lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:59 PM   #3
stockerjo
AF Newbie

Re: 97 Mark VIII No Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluan77
I know the heater core tends to be a problem on these cars (mines at 89k miles) but I dont think thats the problem here. There's no leaks in the heating/cooling system and I've checked the flow thru the heater core. Both hoses in and out get hot when running and when removed, water passes thru the heater core.

The vents for direction (defrost/vent/feet) seem to work but I presume the ones to switch from A/C to heat are not.

Anyone have similar problems or any infomation on how to fix this? Thanks
K77, check out the website link below. It has the most extensive archives on Mark VIII fixes I know of. Just register and do a search. Sounds like you have a broken blend door, a known issue. One of the forum members has outlined how to fix it yourself, if that is the problem. Not easy to do. Need a radio removal tool, then remove the steering wheel and the dash. Heavy stuff. Even outlines how to beef up the OEM replacement blend door assembly so it won't happen again.
http://www.markviii.org/htdocs/dc/dcboard.php

Stockerjo
stockerjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:42 AM   #4
Kulluan77
AF Newbie

Thank you both . I was trying to do the self diagnostic on it but was getting a run-around. No answers. Will check the blend door next time I work on it (just dumped 6inches of snow out here) bleh. Thanks again.
-Kulluan77
Kulluan77 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Mark VIII