Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 07:45 PM   #1
lisa180
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to lisa180
Exclamation 99 Suburban battery dead and can't get in!

1999 Suburban with a battery that mysteriously goes dead - slow drain. Alternator and battery o.k. We suspect interior lights aren't going off - will try the WD40 trick I read on the site.

Now - the big problem - I can't get in. Not even with a good old fashioned key. None of the doors are working. Any suggestion as to how I can get in or pop the hood to charge the battery? Anyone else had similar problem?
lisa180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:55 PM   #2
lisa180
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to lisa180
We're In!
lisa180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:07 PM   #3
bpalmer
AF Newbie

Dome Overide?

I've had the same problem with my 99. Wake up in the middle of the night to find the lights on, doors still locked. Has happened a couple of times. Finally enabled the dome override to prevent the lights from coming on. Don't get interrior lights, but don't wake up to dead truck. Good luck...
bpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 06:16 PM   #4
bn2wild
AF Newbie

Re: 99 Suburban battery dead and can't get in!

I have a '99 with similar problems.

At one time, my truck was experiencing discharging often. So much that it refused to take a jump. Bought a new battery, and evrything was OK again, for a while...

I started using the dome override button next to the light switch. The dome lights shut off earlier than ususal, but never have a drained battery anymore. When I need the dome lights, I just switch the override off again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa180
1999 Suburban with a battery that mysteriously goes dead - slow drain. Alternator and battery o.k. We suspect interior lights aren't going off - will try the WD40 trick I read on the site.

Now - the big problem - I can't get in. Not even with a good old fashioned key. None of the doors are working. Any suggestion as to how I can get in or pop the hood to charge the battery? Anyone else had similar problem?
bn2wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:27 AM   #5
J-Ri
AF Enthusiast

Just curious, how'd ya get in? A brick?
J-Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:22 PM   #6
AF Regular

I have a 1999 and the samething happened. It was my door switch. About $7.00 and it just pops out and the new one plugs in. Dave
010175 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban