Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Durango
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
lckycharm713
AF Regular

buzzing auto door locks

my cousins 99 durango just started to act up. when the auto door locks at 15 mph or 2nd gear, whatever it is. it makes a buzzing sound that pretty loud. can anyone help me out on that. we are trying to fix it and not sure what it is. thanks

"Only babies suck bottles (NOS)"
lckycharm713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 05:53 PM   #2
don strifler
AF Newbie

buzzing door locks

mine too, 01 durango, door locks have buzzed since 37000 miles, need to know also. drivers door first, then door would not lock, then rear left door, any ideas?
don strifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 04:03 PM   #3
clarson
AF Newbie

Smile

My 2000 Durango has the same buzzing noise in the rear doors and it is to the point where they have to be manually unlocked from the inside. The first door to start this was the left rear and now the right rear is also doing it. The scary part is that the other day I could not even get it to unlock manually. If you are a mother, as I am, I worry that if I had an accident I would not be able to get my children out if they were small. I feel this is a safety issue. Does anyone know where we complain to try to get a recall working. From doing a search on the internet I have found that many other Durangos along with Dakotas have this problem and it is the rear door actuators. One person wrote that it cost $250 per door for the dealer to fix. The part itself is about $100. The good news is that it is supposed to be easy to fix. We are going to purchase one to try to fix it ourselves. I will let you know how it goes. Over all I do like my Durango for the way it drives and its size. I really have had no problems to speak of until now. I have had it for 4 years.
clarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 06:39 PM   #4
esse10
AF Newbie

Re: buzzing auto door locks

[quote=clarson]My 2000 Durango has the same buzzing noise in the rear doors and it is to the point where they have to be manually unlocked from the inside. The first door to start this was the left rear and now the right rear is also doing it. The scary part is that the other day I could not even get it to unlock manually. If you are a mother, as I am, I worry that if I had an accident I would not be able to get my children out if they were small. I feel this is a safety issue. Does anyone know where we complain to try to get a recall working. From doing a search on the internet I have found that many other Durangos along with Dakotas have this problem and it is the rear door actuators. One person wrote that it cost $250 per door for the dealer to fix. The part itself is about $100. The good news is that it is supposed to be easy to fix. We are going to purchase one to try to fix it ourselves. I will let you know how it goes. Over all I do like my Durango for the way it drives and its size. I really have had no problems to speak of until now. I have had it for 4 years.[/QUOT

I know what is your problem , my durango has the same faulty part. The door locking solenoid has gone bad and is buzzing. I took the door apart
and removed the locking mechanism which has the solenoid inside,but could not remove it becuase it seems to be spring loaded with lots of small parts inside I don't recommand that anyone to attempt to rebuld unless you have a backup plan. I have pictures if you'll want to look at.
My next move is getting a replacement new/used part. send me your email if you want pictures at ; julianescamilla@sbcglobal.net
esse10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:19 AM   #5
sinfully
AF Newbie

Re: buzzing auto door locks

The lock solenoid and the actuator I believe are two different parts. Are you sure you are taking out the right one. We have replaced three of the actuators and it is an easy thing to do.
sinfully is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Durango