Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 10:32 AM   #1
kmoney67954
AF Newbie

Hypertech Power Programer3/Jet Stage 2 Power Module Will they work together?

I am just wondering if the Jet Stage 2 Power module will work with the Hypertech power Programer? Does anyone have this setup on your truck, if so does it produce good power together? Thanks
kmoney67954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:17 PM   #2
Sonny01
AF Enthusiast

Re: Hypertech Power Programer3/Jet Stage 2 Power Module Will they work together?

I think you are asking for trouble since they both do about the same thing. Pick one or the other and you should be happy with it. I have the Superchips programmer myself and it makes a huge difference.
Sonny
Sonny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:29 PM   #3
jeverett
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to jeverett Send a message via AIM to jeverett Send a message via MSN to jeverett Send a message via Yahoo to jeverett
Re: Hypertech Power Programer3/Jet Stage 2 Power Module Will they work together?

If you want a real tune, contact Allen Nelson at www.nelsonperformance.com then you'll have the best money can buy.
"BIG 3"
2500+ watt audio

jeverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 04:51 PM   #4
nineball481
AF Enthusiast

jeverret- I see that your sinature no longer says "on the way" Did you finally get that nelson tune? If so, is the difference considerable?
  • Hypertech PP III
  • 20" Helo Renegades wrapped w/ Toyo Proxes S/T
  • Escalade instrument cluster
  • TYC tail lights and corner lights
  • Wet Okole seat covers

Some people see things as they are and say "Why?". I dream of things that never were and say "Why not.""
-George Bernard Shaw

"Mind over matter: If she doesn't mind, It doesn't matter"
-Nineball
nineball481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:43 PM   #5
gschretter
AF Regular

It depends.

I have the JET II and I am really happy.,

I just bought the HyperTech since I have gone to 305/70/16 and I need to change my tire height.

For long trips I am going to switch to the 93 octane on the hypertech.

I am not going to change anything else with the hypertech.

Like the previous post said it might screw somthing up.

I would try one thing at a time and see what happens.

When I do mine I will email you.
gschretter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:25 PM   #6
kmoney67954
AF Newbie

Thanks for the info guys! I talked to a guy at truckperformance.com and he told me that he thought they would work good together and make great gains but I dont know if he really knows what he is talking about, think hes just trying to sell a product. I already have the Hypertech Power Programer 3 and didnt notice as much gains as I would have liked. All I really noticed was the firmer shifting. So tell me more about this Nelson Performance, what all can they do for me and how much do they charge? I saw that they send a unit to you and you have to send it back, what would you do if you have to take it to your dealer? I know with the Hypertech that they recommend that you program it back to factory settings when you take it in so if they have to do something they dont mess it up or something like that.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:37 AM   #7
jeverett
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to jeverett Send a message via AIM to jeverett Send a message via MSN to jeverett Send a message via Yahoo to jeverett
Re: Re: Hypertech Power Programer3/Jet Stage 2 Power Module Will they work together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball481
jeverret- I see that your sinature no longer says "on the way" Did you finally get that nelson tune? If so, is the difference considerable?
Yo man. I got my tune installed Tuesday afternoon, and it made a HUGE difference. I was told that after driving for awhile it would get even better. It takes considerably less effort to get going and if you want to do a burnout, just stomp on the skinny pedal . It shifts much better than stock, and I dunno about the mileage yet, I'm still on my 1st tank.

The way Nelson works is, you call him, or fill out the "Custom Tune" sheet on his webpage. He then contacts you to discuss the details, and to make sure everything is how you like it. He then burns you a custom PCM, and sends it to you. When you recieve it, install it in the vehicle, and send the old one back to him. I'm not too sure yet about the dealer thing, but I'm sure if it gets screwed up, Allan will make it good.
"BIG 3"
2500+ watt audio

Old 10-23-2004, 04:23 PM   #8
kmoney67954
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Hypertech Power Programer3/Jet Stage 2 Power Module Will they work together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverett
Yo man. I got my tune installed Tuesday afternoon, and it made a HUGE difference. I was told that after driving for awhile it would get even better. It takes considerably less effort to get going and if you want to do a burnout, just stomp on the skinny pedal . It shifts much better than stock, and I dunno about the mileage yet, I'm still on my 1st tank.

The way Nelson works is, you call him, or fill out the "Custom Tune" sheet on his webpage. He then contacts you to discuss the details, and to make sure everything is how you like it. He then burns you a custom PCM, and sends it to you. When you recieve it, install it in the vehicle, and send the old one back to him. I'm not too sure yet about the dealer thing, but I'm sure if it gets screwed up, Allan will make it good.

When you talk about the PCM are you talking about that thing up under the hood, where you plug a Jet Power Module in? Or is it like a Hypertech where you plug it in under the dash and reprogram it?
Old 10-24-2004, 03:02 PM   #9
02blackstallion
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to 02blackstallion

How much $$ was that nelson tune?
Granatelli MAF Sensor

Kills
5spd Mustang
5spd Civic
02blackstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 02:15 PM   #10
jeverett
AF Enthusiast

The PCM is the actual underhood computer, you have to replace it. IT wasnt hard and only took about 20 minutes. And the cost was $385, shipping included.
"BIG 3"
2500+ watt audio

Old 10-26-2004, 07:35 PM   #11
gschretter
AF Regular

Ok Done it.

Jet II installed when I bought the truck 2 months ago.

Installed a Hyper Tech III programmed with Octane 87
Put in 93 octane just in case any problems.

Idle went up to 700 so will adjust idle screw to bring rpm down to 500.

Runs really good.

A lot stronger throttle sound coming from engine bay.
A lot more power.

Before at 500 rpm the idle would stumble a little (GONE).

Not bad for a 5.7 in a 3500.

Got my HyperTech off Ebay for $153.00
Saved me $200.00
gschretter is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD