Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Forced Induction
Forced Induction Discuss topics relating to turbochargers, superchargers, and nitrous oxide systems.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 07:06 PM   #1
jazer80
AF Enthusiast

12 second cars

anyone here got one? i'm sure people do, and i was just reading the latest maxim and noticed that to my amazement, they test drove some supercars, including a lamborghini gallardo and a new ferrari (i forgot the model), and in the 1/4 both of them ran high 12's. they were being driven by a professional racer. i guess this strikes me odd for obvious reasons. am i missing something, or do people really pay like 200K for cars that only as fast as people's hondas?
I would love to see a special where thay show the getaways, they could call it "Worlds shortest police chases" Then Johnny Bunnell could say something like "Officer Bobby Ray Gasshall floored it but he soon found out that his Crown Vic is no match for Johnny Tran's S-2000" -jrbump

jazer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 07:50 PM   #2
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
Re: 12 second cars

yea I got one but its not running an not my honda
If 1/4 times is all you look at i'm very sorry for you.
there is gearing in play if you wanted a 1/4 beast outta a lambo you could make one shorten the gears lighten it up etc etc.
take a 11 sec honda vs a stock Enzo to a real track i'm going to put all my chips on the enzo for turns braking looks top speed 100-150 mph time.
1/4 dont mean shit and if you really want just that and got tons of cash go with a Boosted Z06 or viper.
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 07:59 PM   #3
Ricochet
Banned

Yeah what Ace said.
I know a moderator on my local board and he has a boosted Firebird running 11's. It's a really cool car, nice and clean, but I'd take a slower, sexy Ferrari over it any day. Nothing juices panties quicker than the sound of an Italian V12 revving to 9,000 rpms
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 08:13 PM   #4
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
Re: Re: 12 second cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
Nothing juices panties quicker than the sound of an Italian V12 revving to 9,000 rpms
that is one of the most true lines I ever heard never driven a Ferrari but after whipping in my unlces AM I can say v12s get panties wet
Old 05-20-2004, 09:50 PM   #5
jazer80
AF Enthusiast

ok ace ur not gonna need to feel sorry for me, as i obviously didn't know that wasn't a good gauge to relate the cars. don't worry i'll just assume you were drunk
I would love to see a special where thay show the getaways, they could call it "Worlds shortest police chases" Then Johnny Bunnell could say something like "Officer Bobby Ray Gasshall floored it but he soon found out that his Crown Vic is no match for Johnny Tran's S-2000" -jrbump

Old 05-20-2004, 10:08 PM   #6
Thepeug
Quem queritis?

Send a message via AIM to Thepeug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
Nothing juices panties quicker than the sound of an Italian V12 revving to 9,000 rpms
Wise words from a wise man.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:00 PM   #7
Ace$nyper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazer80
ok ace ur not gonna need to feel sorry for me, as i obviously didn't know that wasn't a good gauge to relate the cars. don't worry i'll just assume you were drunk
assume nothing wankling. Really just takes the slightest chunk of I.Q *you proved you lack* think if you could get a better car for 30K then why would lambo or Ferrari even be on the map.
fucktard..........
Old 05-20-2004, 11:59 PM   #8
MrCas
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazer80
am i missing something, or do people really pay like 200K for cars that only as fast as people's hondas?
yes people pay 200k for a ferrari. y u ask.........................
because they can. if i could afford it id take a ferrari over a civic with the quickness. to me cars like that are a status symbol and like the rest of you said, panty droppers. put a guy in a ferrari and a guy in a 12 sec civic whos gonna get the girls attention?
MrCas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:23 AM   #9
o0Quicksilver0o
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to o0Quicksilver0o Send a message via MSN to o0Quicksilver0o
When it comes to supercars it not about the numbers. Its about the prestige. Sure they can pull some impressive numbers but those cars are meant to impress, not compete.

My Current Best 1/4 Mile: 16.832 seconds
My car site
o0Quicksilver0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:17 AM   #10
YellowITR479
AF Enthusiast

<-------- Agrees w/ MrCas
1996 GSR w/ 1995 OBD-1 B18C1, Hondata S200 w/ P61 ECU, LS Tranny w/ Quaife LSD,ClutchMstr Stg 5,T/4 AR .60 w/ HKS Wastegate,RC 660 cc Injectors,Had Throttlebody,Skunk2 Intake Manifold,Eagle Sleeves,JE Pistons, Carrillo Rods,Stock Head & Internals,Thermal 3" Exhaust w/ no Cat,AEM Fuel Rail-Riser-UEGO-Cam Gears-Pullies-Fuel Filter,255 Fuel Pump,MSD 6A,GReddy Front Mount, 2-12's, 3 Amps,MB QuartComponents,Type-R Lip & 00 Head & Tailights,
2000 Integra Type R: Totaled
YellowITR479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:43 AM   #11
Ace$nyper
Banned

try to compare you civics to super cars at the 100-150 dash 0-100-0 timing
yes they have mark up for pimp points but they will kick your ass on a real road track

Sure somthing like a lotus super 7 kit would beat some but you give up the pimp ness. As I said before if all you judge cars by is 1/4 buy a z28 and you got a lot to learn
Old 05-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #12
jazer80
AF Enthusiast

ace you're an idiot. is picking fights with people in forums why you have so many goddamn posts? i asked a question. it's funny that in this board everyone has such a chip on their shoulders. in powerlifting boards and other types of boards no one feels this need to pick fights with people online. i think they realize the obvious - it's pretty fuking gay to argue with people online. i see in ur profile that you like fighting, i'll assume that means you like to get drunk and argue with people online, because trust me i know people who really like to fight, and they wouldn't waste their time trying to start with people online. my only guess is that there's a lot of younger kids on these boards.

Old 05-21-2004, 12:44 PM   #13
Ace$nyper
Banned

well your free to leave then child. you ask question dont get anwser you want lash out pretty sad to me.
I only argue with people when the say somthing argumently*i invented a word yayyy* worthwhile.
Most people don't like me cause I have an attitude *one well earned at that* So i wind up in agurments alot. Do I care? no not really
Old 05-21-2004, 12:56 PM   #14
jazer80
AF Enthusiast

wtf??? the answer i want? i asked a question that i had no idea over, and had no answer in mind i was hoping for. see richochet and mrcas had helpful things to say. do you just chime in with your useless two cents on like every thread in here? do
you have a life? why do you think you 'earned' the right to have an attitude and argue online? most people just come here for cars, not socializing. i would have a guessed a 'drunken 4g pimp' like yourself would have something to do, like 'get drunk and pick a fight' maybe. i bet you're just some skinny little punk who would get the shit beaten out of him if he went around with that attitude in real life. i can tell you right now that if you gave me shit like that in real life i would have wiped you all over the place

Old 05-21-2004, 12:57 PM   #15
jazer80
AF Enthusiast

and i'm not a kid i'm 21

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD