Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
rblues
AF Newbie

HELP! 2001 Alero Window off track

Hello!

The drivers side window on my 2001 Olds Alero has come off track. I can still hear the motor. I hear that this a common problem with the Olds.

Anyhoo, has this happened to anyone else. I just need to get it back on track until I can get it to the dealership to have it looked at. Does anyone have any detailed instructions on how to get this SPECIFIC door off and get to the glass?

Thanks in advance!

rblues...
rblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:37 PM   #2
Octavus
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Octavus Send a message via AIM to Octavus Send a message via MSN to Octavus
this might not be the best sound mechanical advice but the exact same thing happened to my driver's side door and i just hit the door a couple of times and it fixed the problem.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:07 PM   #3
Wasssupp420
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Wasssupp420
Re: HELP! 2001 Alero Window off track

mine did the same thing you should be able to pull the window up and use wood sims thats what i did till i got it fixed

they had to replace the actuator and two window sashes

it was almost 400 bucks but i got extended warranty

hope this info helps
Wasssupp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:03 PM   #4
jamcllw
AF Enthusiast

yep probably your regulator I've had to replace both of mine already
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:55 AM   #5
whdream
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Re: HELP! 2001 Alero Window off track

Yep it is the window regulator. Had mine fixed a year or so ago. But I got the dealership to pay for half. Cause it was so much 400. Cause the clips on the unit broke. It was actually my mechanic which suggested going to the dealership and seeing if they would fix it. And they did. Even though I never had a warrenty on my car ( used car.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamcllw
yep probably your regulator I've had to replace both of mine already
whdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:52 PM   #6
LuvGrnFrogz
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvGrnFrogz

I have a 2002 olds alero and the window did same thing. It was a $3.00 clip not covered under warranty. I suggest u just take it apart and see for yourself before u take it somewhere and get it fixed. Ended up costing me $230 for a $3.00 part
LuvGrnFrogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 07:13 AM   #7
whdream
AF Newbie

Re: Re: HELP! 2001 Alero Window off track

My understanding was that those clips were a joing component of the window regulator. And they weren't seperate? And they only way to fix those was to r5eplace the whole item. This is what my mechanic said. And he felt bad charhing me the 350 for the part so he told me to try the dealership. Best thing to do is try...Chances are they will cut you a deal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGrnFrogz
I have a 2002 olds alero and the window did same thing. It was a $3.00 clip not covered under warranty. I suggest u just take it apart and see for yourself before u take it somewhere and get it fixed. Ended up costing me $230 for a $3.00 part
whdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:36 PM   #8
LuvGrnFrogz
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvGrnFrogz

Well, I really don't know a whole lot about cars, but the dealership told me it was a plastic clip that is at the bottom of the window. They first told me that it was the regulator but once they got the window apart the found it was just the clip. I don't have the repair slip in front of me but if you would like I could get back to you and let you know the exact part name or item.
LuvGrnFrogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 01:51 PM   #9
imabballer
AF Newbie

I've Had A Similar Problem And Thought I'd Ask To See If This Might Be Caused By The Same Thing. My Window Has Rolled Up And Down Just Fine Until Recently. I First Noticed It A Couple Of Weeks Ago When It Wouldn't Roll Down. The Next Day It Worked Fine. But Now It Has Completely Quit. It Is Rolled Up But Will Not Go Down And I Can Still Hear The Motor. It Doesn't Seem To Have Come Off Track And The Window Hasn't Shifted Or Anything. Also, I Would Like To Take Off The Door Panell To Check It Out For Myself But I'm Afraid I'll Break Something In The Process. Have Any Of You Taken The Panell Off Before?? I Would Like To Know The Location And How Many Of The Clips And That Sort Of Thing.

Thanks,
Ryan
imabballer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero