Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 01:31 AM   #1
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Send a message via AIM to Gonthrax
Best AWD sports car

Ok, I may soon be in the market for a new car. Money is kind of a factor in that I would like to keep it around the 20-30k mark. I am looking for a car that produces good power, responds well to turbos (or turbo upgrades), responds well to any mods for that matter, and it MUST HAVE A GOOD AWD SYSTEM. None of this locked 4wd bs like in the WRX, I want somthing with torque splitting (atleast 60/40) Also it needs to have a strong engine so that if I wanted to crank up the boost to like 10 or 11psi I wouldn't have to replace a shitload of internals.

Now this car doesn't have to be avalible here in the US, but I need to be able to get it here, and street legal for under 6-8k. To bad that rules out the skyline

Any how, let me know what you all think, hit me up with some pics, websites and such.

Oh yea, and please don't tell me to get a Rexy, they are fine and all but once agian, locked 4wd, and from what I've heard, the drivetrain is ass.
Member of AF's Slide Squad (Member #04)

Quote:
Originally posted by taranaki
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Soon to be my best friend
Gonthrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 11:02 AM   #2
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
do some more research on the wrx.

then import a skyline...
from www.motorex.net

or you could get an audi... anything with quattro... if you get an older ur quattro, you are pretty good to go for a badass car

or get an s4... the price is dropping on them... and the new one will have 300-350hp... and twin turbos...
arp down in alabama makes a tonna mods for the s4... nice stuff..
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 03:40 PM   #3
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Hmm, good idea about the Audis with quattro, I'll have to do some looking into that.

Import a skyline from Motorex? :silly2: Unfortiniatly for me, even buying a used audi or VR-4 is going to put me in debt, I don't need to go out and spend 60k or so for an R32, it would be nice though

As for the Rexy, I don't dislike them, I just don't want one. I've driven one and they are a blast to drive, I just want somthing different.

Quote:
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Old 01-19-2002, 03:46 PM   #4
Si 2 Si
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Si 2 Si Send a message via AIM to Si 2 Si Send a message via Yahoo to Si 2 Si
Prosche Carerra 4
Old 01-19-2002, 03:53 PM   #5
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Si 2 Si
Prosche Carerra 4
Heh heheh HAHA ho ho ho.....

Lol sorry man, this has to be a car that I'm gonna buy and like I said before, I can't afford a Skyline sooooo I don't know what the Carrera 4 blue books for, but I'm sure it envolves toooo many zeros

Quote:

Neishlin Motors
Old 01-19-2002, 08:27 PM   #6
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

I would seriously look into a VR4, i was driving in Sandy today and there was a VR4 behind me, then i looked back again and i couldn't see it. the dang thing was like 3 blocks ahead of me in just a matter of seconds.

if that doesn't work out then i'd try any audi or maybe an EVO????