Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 02:30 PM   #1
Dtab01
AF Newbie

Thumbs up A/C pulley bypass

My 99 Max SE has a bad A/C pump. I'm not ready to change the pump yet, but don't want to run it like this.(Bad wobble in the pulley, grinding/knocking noise. Bearings shot?)Can anyone tell me how to bypass the pulley with a smaller belt? And if you know the size or model# of the belt needed.Also can the idler pulley adjust down far enough to keep tension.
Thanks. First time on this forum and have learned so much already. Great board!
Dtab01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 03:50 PM   #2
Dtab01
AF Newbie

Re: A/C pulley bypass

Or at least has this ever been done?? I need to know tonight before I take off from work! Thanks!
Dtab01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:42 PM   #3
glenbinegar
AF Newbie

Re: A/C pulley bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtab01
My 99 Max SE has a bad A/C pump. I'm not ready to change the pump yet, but don't want to run it like this.(Bad wobble in the pulley, grinding/knocking noise. Bearings shot?)Can anyone tell me how to bypass the pulley with a smaller belt? And if you know the size or model# of the belt needed.Also can the idler pulley adjust down far enough to keep tension.
Thanks. First time on this forum and have learned so much already. Great board!
I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima V6. Would you be interested in the A/C compressor? G;-)
glenbinegar is offline   Reply With Quote