Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 11:36 PM   #1
bjgolden80
AF Newbie

Question Radio Code for 2000 Mitsubishi Galant??

Ok, So I killed the battery in my car, and had to get a new one. Except now my radio is locked out and requires a code. Its a used car and of course I do not have it.

I have the serial number of the radio, what are my options from here....preferably the cheapest?

thanks!
bjgolden80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:32 PM   #2
HTOWN
AF Newbie

Ok, the same thing happened to me when I was putting my new system in my car and I also didn't have the #. You could find the # in the manuel there should be a card or something. If you don't have that you could take the radio up to a dealership and they can find the code for you or I think there is a guy on the forums who helped someone out with the same problem. Now DO NOT I repeat DO NOT just start putting codes in trying to get lucky because if you put in a code more than three time the radio is no good no more trust me I did it I know.
HTOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:49 PM   #3
rainfever
AF Newbie

Re: Radio Code for 2000 Mitsubishi Galant??

I am just going to spread this post around, as lots of newbies come looking.

I tryed to enter the code 3 times, on my locked radio and it froze up (would not allow me to try entering any more codes). You can unfreeze the radio by leaving your keys in the ignition and turning the ignition to "on" or maybe its "acc" not sure which. Leave it there for about one Hour and the radio will go back to the "code" stage.

I retrieved the code for my radio by getting inthe phone book and writing down all the Mitsubishi dealers phone #'s. I then went down the list until i found one that transferred me to the Parts dude. He was nice enough to just take my SN and give me the code.

Alot of dealers will say "we need to look at the radio, so you will have to bring the car in" which basically means, they want to have someone pop off the bazel around your radio, undo 2 screws and write down your serial number, they will then put that number into their computer and charge you 10+ to get you the number.
rainfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 11:06 PM   #4
knownothing
AF Newbie

Angry Yeah, But....

How the heck do I get the serial number? I suppose it's somewhere on the stereo, which means I'll have to take it out of the dash, right? Someone please tell me it's easy to do, and that I won't mess up my dash!
knownothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 01:23 AM   #5
rainfever
AF Newbie

you have to pry the wood colored plastic from around the radio. There are 4 rivits i think, maybe 6 (in the middle along the vertical sides) pivit things that snap out, although, im a skinny guy, and it took quite a bit of force for me to get it out....come to think of it i had to get my friend to do it, but he kinda screwed up the plastic with the butter knife.

Anyway, just get that plastic off and then undo the two screws (philips) that hold the radio in, slide it out like 2 inches and then copy down the serial. Proof read it a few times before you put things back together.
rainfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 06:48 PM   #6
knownothing
AF Newbie

Very cool....thanks a lot for the help...that's gonna be my weekend project... The silence in my car on the way to work is deafening.........
knownothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 10:53 AM   #7
scarlett
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Radio Code for 2000 Mitsubishi Galant??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjgolden80
Ok, So I killed the battery in my car, and had to get a new one. Except now my radio is locked out and requires a code. Its a used car and of course I do not have it.

I have the serial number of the radio, what are my options from here....preferably the cheapest?

thanks!
Hi:
Did you find the code? I have the same problem w/ my car, can you help me? Thanks
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:57 PM   #8
hk1030
AF Newbie

Unhappy Number Please

I have the same problem -- battery died and then the stereo asked me for the code. Can anybody give me the phone number of a dealership that I can call for the security code (assuming that I can remove the stereo successfully and get the serial number)? Bay Ridge Mitsubishi (in Brooklyn, NY) is trying to rip me off. They told me that they can "reprogram" it for $89.00!!!!!!!
hk1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:17 AM   #9
scarlett
AF Newbie

Talking Re: Re: Radio Code for 2000 Mitsubishi Galant??

Can someone help!! I need the radio code for a Galant 2000, my e-mail address is poprocha@comcast.net Thanks.

Last edited by scarlett; 10-25-2004 at 05:35 PM.
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 05:33 PM   #10
98eclipsercr
AF Newbie

call concord mitsubishi cali, they give the code on the phone and u dont have to pay or anything
98eclipsercr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 08:25 AM   #11
JFlanagan
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTOWN
Ok, the same thing happened to me when I was putting my new system in my car and I also didn't have the #. You could find the # in the manuel there should be a card or something. If you don't have that you could take the radio up to a dealership and they can find the code for you or I think there is a guy on the forums who helped someone out with the same problem. Now DO NOT I repeat DO NOT just start putting codes in trying to get lucky because if you put in a code more than three time the radio is no good no more trust me I did it I know.
My daughter tried putting in the code she "thought" she knew, about 10 times and gave up until she found her code card in the owners manual. Once she put in the right code, all was well. So her radio was not permanently disabled because she tried too many times with the wrong code. (2000 Galant CD Player).
JFlanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:32 PM   #12
cmeister324
AF Newbie

2000 galant radio code

Had to replace battery need 2000 galant radio codes. Help
cmeister324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:17 PM   #13
shpendel
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to shpendel
I called Concord Mitsubishi dealership as someone said and talked to Kevin I think, he told me the code and the easiest way to remove the panel without any accessories and I even didnt have to take my player out.

All you do is, slide your hands into the space for junk right below the player and pull it. Do it carefully though. The panel will slide right out and you will se the cod eon top of the player. Give the guy that SN and he will tell you the code for FREE! Mine was in case you are interested: 0234
shpendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 04:30 PM   #14
Ravil
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Ravil Send a message via Yahoo to Ravil
Thumbs up

I left my key in ACC position for an hour and after that the radio turned to the code mode again. Then I followed the instruction of the other guys: removed the cover and read the S/N number. I think that a girl can not do that - I was sweating to take it off. But the the procedure is exact - you put your hands in the junk compartment and pull it (again, takes a lot of energy and effort). After that I called Concord Mitsubishi (their phone number can be found on the Internet, just type Concord Mitsubishi). Then I talked to the guy called Kevin. He was nice to listen and give me the code. Thank you Kevin and all other people for doing it for free. God bless you.The dilearship charges $86 for that.
Ravil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #15
Cbrwn
AF Newbie

Ok I'm a female I pulled off the plastic frame now where its the s/n I should use when I cal? My boyfriend was working on my car and disconnected battery now need code. Which number do I use?
Cbrwn is offline   Reply With Quote