Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 11:55 PM   #1
DNT5
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DNT5
Acura RSX vs. 03' Mustang GT?

k, my friend's being wierd and says that a Mustang GT can easily waste an Acura RSX. No shit, right? Well then I tell him that there's a $7,000 price difference there, so he can't really talk. I told him that if you add $7,000 worth of shit to an RSX, it can easily be as fast as that GT, but he's smoking or something and says no.

Now a RSX w/ $7,000 vs. a STOCK Mustang GT??? C'mon..it's a pretty even match, right? My friend's like, "No, that GT will waste your dumb rice burner NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU ADD TO IT..." and goes off telling his stupid muscle loyalty stories.

I'm not too much into muscle, so I don't really know how fast a stock GT is. We kinda got $100 on this, so you ppl can replay ASAP!
Old 10-30-2003, 12:12 AM   #2
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

Re: Acura RSX vs. 03' Mustang GT?

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...threadid=47794

Some of those guys haven't spent 7,000-dollars on their cars yet.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:15 AM   #3
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Re: Re: Acura RSX vs. 03' Mustang GT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...threadid=47794

Some of those guys haven't spent 7,000-dollars on their cars yet.

A RSX Type S will be more than a match for the Mustang stock for stock. Given that they're both moderate drivers.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

Old 10-30-2003, 12:17 AM   #4
SpyderEclipseGst
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNT5
k, my friend's being wierd and says that a Mustang GT can easily waste an Acura RSX. No shit, right? Well then I tell him that there's a $7,000 price difference there, so he can't really talk. I told him that if you add $7,000 worth of shit to an RSX, it can easily be as fast as that GT, but he's smoking or something and says no.

Now a RSX w/ $7,000 vs. a STOCK Mustang GT??? C'mon..it's a pretty even match, right? My friend's like, "No, that GT will waste your dumb rice burner NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU ADD TO IT..." and goes off telling his stupid muscle loyalty stories.

I'm not too much into muscle, so I don't really know how fast a stock GT is. We kinda got $100 on this, so you ppl can replay ASAP!
LOL you friend wouldent be BANDITV8 would it? heh just came to mind
Old 10-30-2003, 01:03 AM   #5
HiFlow5 0
Stanger

Send a message via AIM to HiFlow5 0

My friend says his car is faster, and I say no my car is faster.....Blah, Blah, Blah.....

I'm really getting sick of all this crap!
Someone will always be faster then the next guy!

Old 10-30-2003, 01:27 AM   #6
DkShadow
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Acura RSX vs. 03' Mustang GT?

Internet racing is crap, go out and find out.

And besides, he is right. Stock for stock the 99+ GTs WILL kill an Acura RSX, even the Type S. Itll take more than basic bolt ons if you want to beat one. And a $7k price difference? What the hell are the RSX's going for? GTs can be bought for 22k, not to mention the price can be brought down even more with rebates and a little haggling. Arent the Type S stickered at $21k? How much is the base model?
Old 10-30-2003, 02:04 AM   #7
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
How the hell much does a Mustang cost? I thought GT's were CHEAPER than RSX-S's. Maybe you're talking about a base RSX?

But $7,000 in mods in an RSX, even a base RSX, should kill a stock GT. I'm talking murder.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:22 AM   #8
ScoobySnacks
AF Newbie

RSX vs Mustang GT

I dont know what the whole point of this conversation is?

A stock Mustnag Gt would walk an RSX type S. I really dont care if nobody believes me, but i've seen it done...many times! Now...put 7 grand into a Type S and you will walk the Stang...all day long, but making those kinda comparisons are dumb, because it defeats the purpose of a stock vs stock race.

If the car you choose to buy is slower than another can...tough sh!t...that's your problem.

Scoob Doo
Old 10-30-2003, 08:25 AM   #9
TatII
AF Fanatic

any stock RSX in any trim will get either raped or walked by a stang GT. a RSX type S cost more then a Stang GT. a base model cost slightly less. $7000 in a base model RSX done right should run low 13's.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 10-30-2003, 08:52 AM   #10
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
why do you guys keep saying that a GT is cheaper than an RSX....the cheapest new GT i've ever seen was over 28K....most run around 30K

lets keep the used cars out of this btw because if we get into that a bunch of other cars will be brought in

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 10-30-2003, 10:16 AM   #11
HiFlow5 0
Stanger

Send a message via AIM to HiFlow5 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino
why do you guys keep saying that a GT is cheaper than an RSX....the cheapest new GT i've ever seen was over 28K....most run around 30K

lets keep the used cars out of this btw because if we get into that a bunch of other cars will be brought in
Those must be some seriously over priced GT's? A 03 base line GT can be had for $22k, and Deluxe 03 GT for $24.5K. Even the current 04 GT's in show rooms can be had for $24k to $26k, depending on options. And these are just sticker prices, who knows what you can get them down to with a little haggling. Now for $28K, you are getting into the Mach 1. I've even looked at an 03 Mach 1, sticker price was $28.5k. 03 SVT Cobra $35k, I even believe there's a member here who bought one for $30k.

Old 10-30-2003, 10:42 AM   #12
SpyderEclipseGst
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlow5 0
Those must be some seriously over priced GT's? A 03 base line GT can be had for $22k, and Deluxe 03 GT for $24.5K. Even the current 04 GT's in show rooms can be had for $24k to $26k, depending on options. And these are just sticker prices, who knows what you can get them down to with a little haggling. Now for $28K, you are getting into the Mach 1. I've even looked at an 03 Mach 1, sticker price was $28.5k. 03 SVT Cobra $35k, I even believe there's a member here who bought one for $30k.

Im sorry to say but anything 25k+ would be spent on a true performance car by real tuners. Say a good condition tt supra or evo or sti. Then again most people cant afford one because there still learining the basics of life and havent experiance the job world yet, AKA Real World( no not mtv). Why didnt I get one instead of my spyder? Well first of all I like the 2g sporty body style and the turbo,convertible package is suitable and tuneable(2nd most aftermarket availability right behind honda, but with more hp to boot). Then again after 3k of engine work (turbo upgrade,boltons, and fuel management ive spent 20k total 17k for the car and 3k in engine mods. Then itll be that cobra,tt supra,evo,sti posting a death by spyder eclipse. Note mustang GT'swith 3 grand wont touch most dsms or most tuneable imports with the same amount of $$$$ in it(excluding the SVT cobra=evil with 3k mods).
Old 10-30-2003, 12:11 PM   #13
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Those must be some seriously over priced GT's?
It's a matter of where you live prices vary. For instance in Newport News, VA where living costs are relatively cheap I've seen two SRT-10 Vipers there for sale at $83,000. Now go up to somewhere in Northern Virginia like Vienna and that same car may go for $85,000.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:48 PM   #14
EC0T3C
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EC0T3C
damn new gt verts can be bought for 27k and regular for around 25k. And a base can be bought for around 20k. And slightly used for around 15-17k. New rsx's run around 22k. There is no real amount of differences in money.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:40 PM   #15
180sx Type X
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 180sx Type X Send a message via Yahoo to 180sx Type X

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderEclipseGst
LOL you friend wouldent be BANDITV8 would it? heh just came to mind
Mustangs suck haha always.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing