Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 02:03 PM   #1
cjb108
AF Newbie

'96 S10 Running Rich- P0172

I have a 96 S10 2.2 L. I'm getting code P0172, along with P0108 and occasionally P01441. I've tested the fuel pressure twice. Fuel pressure key on engine off is 41 PSI. Fuel pressure doesn't leak down for at least 20 minutes. Replaced fuel injectors, still get P0172. I've replaced fuel pressure regulator with a used one and truck ran better for a while but I still get P0172. Someone said a leaking intake can cause P0172, so I checked intake manifold vacuum with a gauge. At idle, the truck has 6 inches of vacuum. But using a scan tool, live data shows the map sensor with 21 inches of vacuum at idle. 3 mechanics at JustAnswer and my code readout at Autozone recommended that I replace the intake manifold gasket. So I R&R 'd the intake manifold gasket. When I put it all back together, nothing had changed.
Any info(aside from putting a match to it, which I've considered!) will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Stealthee; 04-17-2019 at 04:44 PM.
cjb108 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis