Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Liberty
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
jgl38017
AF Newbie

Jeep Liberty no warm air/heat from heater

I'm reposting this to see if any new ideas and appreciate any insight from the experts. I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty and the car produces no hot air. I replaced the radiator and water pump recently but I didn’t replace the thermostat. Could this be the cause of no heat? Both heater hoses going to the heater core seem equally hot so I assume I'm getting flow thru the heater core...correct assumption? Assuming the problem may be the temperature door, any idea how I replace or at least gain access to it? I truly appreciate any help.
jgl38017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

Re: Jeep Liberty no warm air/heat from heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl38017 View Post
I'm reposting this to see if any new ideas and appreciate any insight from the experts. I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty and the car produces no hot air. I replaced the radiator and water pump recently but I didn’t replace the thermostat. Could this be the cause of no heat? Both heater hoses going to the heater core seem equally hot so I assume I'm getting flow thru the heater core...correct assumption? Assuming the problem may be the temperature door, any idea how I replace or at least gain access to it? I truly appreciate any help.
Yes, a stuck open stat will cause poor heating. If both the inlet and outlet hoses at the heater core are hot, and you are not getting hot air out, either the control head, actuator, door or wiring is the issue. All the info I come up with is that the HVAC housing needs to come out to access the blend (temp) door actuator. That means the dash comes out. Maybe someone out there knows a trick to access it without pulling the dash? Just to be sure, I would back flush the the heater core and replace the stat before I pulled the dash...
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
jgl38017
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech1 View Post
Yes, a stuck open stat will cause poor heating. If both the inlet and outlet hoses at the heater core are hot, and you are not getting hot air out, either the control head, actuator, door or wiring is the issue. All the info I come up with is that the HVAC housing needs to come out to access the blend (temp) door actuator. That means the dash comes out. Maybe someone out there knows a trick to access it without pulling the dash? Just to be sure, I would back flush the the heater core and replace the stat before I pulled the dash...
Also wanted to mention one other thing. Although I see no coolant leaks and there's been no loss of fluid, I do see that after my daughter drives the car to normal operating temp and parks it, there is a puddle of what appears to be clear water under the car near the passenger door about even to the fwd part of the door. As I said it appears to be colorless and odorless. Any ideas?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

You guys still running A/C? Sounds like maybe condensation from the evporator core.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
jgl38017
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech1 View Post
You guys still running A/C? Sounds like maybe condensation from the evporator core.
Not running A/C. Temps have been in the 20's-50's. It also seems like too much liquid to be from the condensor (but I'm not the expert). Is it possible that the A/C could be running anyway?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

On most systems, the compressor will run when the control head is set to the defrost position.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Liberty