Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
jayjay07
AF Newbie

97 Chevy S10

Hello, I am having some trouble with my 97 Chevy s10 4 cylinder 2.2 liter, not a vortex though. The trouble I am having is when I accelerate it starts to bogg down. ALOT. When it is just idling it runs alright. Every once and a great while it back fires, and it is now starting to affect my gas mileage. I was told to start simple and change the fuel filter, along with put fuel injecter cleaner in with the gas, I put the injector fluid in it, and I have the fuel filter to change tomorrow. Are there any thoughts what else it could be?
jayjay07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
tempfixit
AF Enthusiast

Re: 97 Chevy S10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay07 View Post
Hello, I am having some trouble with my 97 Chevy s10 4 cylinder 2.2 liter, not a vortex though. The trouble I am having is when I accelerate it starts to bogg down. ALOT. When it is just idling it runs alright. Every once and a great while it back fires, and it is now starting to affect my gas mileage. I was told to start simple and change the fuel filter, along with put fuel injecter cleaner in with the gas, I put the injector fluid in it, and I have the fuel filter to change tomorrow. Are there any thoughts what else it could be?
Welcome to forum,

I would start by checking the fuel pressure with a gauge. Autozone should have one in the loan a tool program. See what pressure is at idle and different rpms's. Also check you fuel pressure regulator to make sure it does not have a fuel smell in the vacuum line, if it does the regulator is bad.
tempfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay07 View Post
low power and poor MPG is the exhaust restricted in most cases ...this is easy to determine. just remove the upstream O2 sensor and leave the hole open see if the power returns.
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
jamesslcx
AF Enthusiast

jayjay, check engine light on? Does it bog when the engine is warm or cold?
jamesslcx is offline   Reply With Quote