Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #91
murraydeschot
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to murraydeschot
News from Kidston...

Davidoff41 (04-20-2012), Le Man (04-17-2012), Peloton25 (04-12-2012), Sami Aaltonen (04-12-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #92
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Re: News from Kidston...

Great to see you here again Murray - hope that all is well!

You probably noticed, but I have merged your post with our existing discussion.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #93
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

Thanked 1,498 Times in 648 Posts
Re: News from Kidston...

Cool
Old 04-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #94
nicklm79
AF Newbie

Re: The McLaren F1 Owner's Club

Wow!! It's possible to follow the Mclaren tour?? I'm a huge fan of the F1...and I'm on holiday that week...considering then that I live 200km away from the Sellarunde I want be present to photograph all the cars..) Let me know what can I do for

Sorry for my poor English!!
nicklm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #95
BlueEdge
AF Newbie

Does anyone know if a professional photographer will be going along on the event? My thinking being there's surely the potential to create a photo-book, similar to the one's that get produced for the 250 GTO Moët & Chandon rours on key anniversary dates. This could potentially then allow a wider audience to appreciate what is doubtlessly going to be a special event.

This may well have already been thought of by Mr Bellm, but thinking out loud you could have a special "owners edition" of the book created for those that are taking part in the event, fancy cover stamped with the chassis number etc, maybe some unique pages of photos, and then a regular edition for the rest of us! Given the continuing popularity of the F1, there would surely be enough interest to warrant a financially viable print run?
BlueEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #96
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

It's my understanding that McLaren are taking care of that and something similar to what you have suggested is already in the plans.

>8^)
ER
The Following User Says Thank You to Peloton25 For This Useful Post:
BlueEdge (04-17-2012)
Old 05-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #97
nicklm79
AF Newbie

Hi to all!!!
No news about the Mclaren F1 tour in northern Italy?? I would love to follow this tour if it's possible...let me know something about..please Send me a PM if these info are private..)
Old 05-22-2012, 01:35 AM   #98
HansGruber
AF Newbie

These may be some extremely dumb questions, but I was too lazy to look through the whole thread and just read Ray's answers. My apologies.

Does anyone know how many owners are registered on the owner's website?
What kind of stuff are the owners sharing with one another that people here might not be already aware of? Would it just be private info regarding ownership info, or extend to exclusive info regarding the cars? (technical aspects etc.)
Are the owner's meeting in Monaco, how many will be there, and what is the date of the meeting?

Lastly, it's really cool to have Ray here. He is an encyclopedia of F1 knowledge and answers everyone's questions.
HansGruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:44 AM   #99
Sparco_bro
AF Newbie

It's amazing to know that there will be 20 McLaren F1 cruising around! It would be amazing to see them...hope to see some pictures and videos soon!
Sparco_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #100
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Nice picture of XP4 with this article:

The McLaren F1: It was 20 years ago this week

>8^)
ER
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peloton25 For This Useful Post:
astonmartindbs001 (06-28-2012), teflon (05-28-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #101
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco_bro View Post
It's amazing to know that there will be 20 McLaren F1 cruising around! It would be amazing to see them...hope to see some pictures and videos soon!
All pictures are embargoed until after the event ends unless an outsider who chooses not to follow the rules finds the cars on their own. I have not even told many people I was coming to Italy for the event and haven't given out the details to anyone even though I have had them since late last year. The risk of not being allowed to participate was simply too great.

We have learned, however, there are a few loose lips out there and I suspect that some photographers who discover the cars may be quick to break those rules even if they are made aware of them. Also the cars are being driven on public roads and I am sure photos have been snapped by members of the public already so there might be something out there. There were a few 'extra' visitors in the area today and the ones I spoke with have all agreed to abide by the rules so the good photos will probably not be seen by anyone until at least next week.

A contact of mine emailed me a photo this evening not realizing I was at the event. I am not sure where it came from but largely expect it was taken by an owner who decided to share it directly with my contact and an owner is not going to be bound by the same rules of course.

Let me say too, for those who can't be here I am truly very sorry. I wish everyone who is passionate about the McLaren F1 could come and enjoy the event but security concerns for the cars and owners prevents that. I can promise I will do my best to capture as much as I can and share as many images as I am allowed as soon as possible.

>8^)
ER
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peloton25 For This Useful Post:
astonmartindbs001 (06-28-2012), svxit (05-28-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #102
svxit
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
All pictures are embargoed until after the event ends unless an outsider who chooses not to follow the rules finds the cars on their own. I have not even told many people I was coming to Italy for the event and haven't given out the details to anyone even though I have had them since late last year. The risk of not being allowed to participate was simply too great.

We have learned, however, there are a few loose lips out there and I suspect that some photographers who discover the cars may be quick to break those rules even if they are made aware of them. Also the cars are being driven on public roads and I am sure photos have been snapped by members of the public already so there might be something out there. There were a few 'extra' visitors in the area today and the ones I spoke with have all agreed to abide by the rules so the good photos will probably not be seen by anyone until at least next week.

A contact of mine emailed me a photo this evening not realizing I was at the event. I am not sure where it came from but largely expect it was taken by an owner who decided to share it directly with my contact and an owner is not going to be bound by the same rules of course.

Let me say too, for those who can't be here I am truly very sorry. I wish everyone who is passionate about the McLaren F1 could come and enjoy the event but security concerns for the cars and owners prevents that. I can promise I will do my best to capture as much as I can and share as many images as I am allowed as soon as possible.

>8^)
ER
Peloton, I think it is great that you were invited! While probably not quite intentional on your part, you've actually become part of the lore associated with the F1. It's wholly appropriate that you be there.

svxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:22 AM   #103
Sparco_bro
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
The risk of not being allowed to participate was simply too great.
>8^)
ER
It wasn't great.....it was immense!
Considering how secret this event is being kept, it's amazing just knowing it's happening! and it's kind of strange that it has being organized here in Italy...did Mclaren Italia participate at the organization?
Sparco_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:38 AM   #104
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Not to my knowledge. It seems to have all been the work of Ray and his daughter and one event organization.

There are 19 F1s in total and a few more owners have come without their cars for various reasons and will instead travel in MP4-12Cs loaned by McLaren Automotive.

>8^)
ER
Old 05-29-2012, 04:26 AM   #105
nicklm79
AF Newbie

OMG!! 19 Mclaren F1's togheter....it's a dream!!! You're a very lucky man Peloton25 to be present at the event...I envy you I would be so happy to be present at the event but at this point I have to please me of the photos There is present also the Mclaren F1 LM from the factory at the event?? Have a nice day Peloton25