Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
Thedunc
AF Newbie

Car running sluggish when warm or humid

I have a 91 mitsubishi gto TT. I love my car and i was really hoping to repaint it soon but this problem is becoming more apparent. My car runs fine for the first 15 minutes, runs like a beauty! but then once it is warmed up it starts to struggle. I cant accelerate hard because it hesitates alot. The problem im having is pin pointing the problem. Ive searched alot of stuff on the web and some people have similar problems.

Could it be bad spark plugs and wires causing some cylinders not to run properly? If so then why does does it run fine for the first 10-15 minutes?

I'll probably have my plugs and wires changed to see if that changes anything. Anybody have a similar problem and solution?

I just dont understand why my car accelerates great when cold but when hot starts to run sluggish.
Thedunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
jdl
AF Enthusiast

Re: Car running sluggish when warm or humid

Maybe a coolant temp sensor? Any applicable trouble codes? Don't know much about a mitsubishi.
jdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
Thedunc
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl View Post
Maybe a coolant temp sensor? Any applicable trouble codes? Don't know much about a mitsubishi.
Could a coolant temp sensor cause car to feel sluggish once motor is hot? I guess ill have to read into that.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
jdl
AF Enthusiast

The temp sensor can cause temp related issues. Any codes? There could be other issues causing the problem?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
Thedunc
AF Newbie

Quote:
The temp sensor can cause temp related issues. Any codes? There could be other issues causing the problem?
Nope no codes. I checked my front spark plugs and they all seemed good. I guess ill change those first as precaution. Why would my car work well for the first 10 minutes and then lose power and hesitate after?
Old 05-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
jdl
AF Enthusiast

If issue is temp related, could be temp sensor? Without something to point us in the right direction, could be almost anything, getting warm and failing.

A tune-up is always a good idea.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
Thedunc
AF Newbie

Quote:
If issue is temp related, could be temp sensor? Without something to point us in the right direction, could be almost anything, getting warm and failing.

A tune-up is always a good idea.
Yea, ill bring my car to a garage this week and ill post an update. Im not very mechanically inclined and these cars can be hard to trouble shoot.

Its weird though because sometimes the car will run fine and then other times its sluggish.