Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
Pawl
AF Regular

2005 Ex Accord Maintenance Schedule questions

The book calls for valve adjustment but also says only if they sound loose or noisy.They don't sound noisy to me. I have been extremely impressed with this car. It doesn't leak anything and runs perfect with 109,000 miles. I will probably change my disc pads and rotors if they need to be cut or replaced.Any problems taking theses pads off with the ABS system on the car? I have disc brakes on all 4 wheels. What about the tensioner for timing chain? Does that need anything done to it? Any other suggestions for maintenance at this mileage? Thanks
Pawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
Autotech3910
AF Newbie

Re: 2005 Ex Accord Maintenance Schedule questions

If you are not noticing any type of tapping noise or lose of fuel milelage your valves are probably okay for now. However it is a good idea to have them adjusted even if you don't notice noise comeing from them. They still might be slightly out of adjustment. That may be the difference between getting 30mpg or 25mpg!

Replaceing disc brakes is a fairly simple procedure. The calipers are the same regardless if you have ABS or not.

There is no maintenance required for the timing chain or tensioner. Just make sure you change the oil regularly.

You did not specify if this is a L4 or a V6...I'm assuming its a 4cyl since you said it has a timing chain.
I do not know what maintenance you have done already. But just follow what your owners manual says to do under scheduled maintenance. And you should be good.
Hope this helps
Autotech3910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Re: 2005 Ex Accord Maintenance Schedule questions

If the valves haven't been adjusted in 109K they could use it. I've done my gf's civic every 30K for 220K miles and they have been out of adjsutment almost every time, not by much though. I know my Accord could use but it's a bitch on a V6, I'll do it around 100k.

For the brakes you will need an impact driver to remove the screws holding the rotors on. If you do not have one get one!
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote