Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Dirt Bikes
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 06:53 PM   #1
wufpak18
AF Regular

Exhaust questions

I'm looking to be a suzuki RM250 and i want it to be loud. I was wondering what is the loudest aftermarket pipe i can buy for it I don't care about any regulations, if there are any. I just want the loudest pipe i can get that will still keep me from losing horsepower.
blake
wufpak18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:45 AM   #2
Jimmiz71
AF Enthusiast

Re: Exhaust questions

I ran Bill's Pipes and Silencers on my RM125 and 250. Both bikes needed to be jetted with the new pipes.. I was more than satisfied with the Power,finish and sound.
-Jimmy
Infinity Surrounds
Too Many Extras

04' Yamaha YZF R6 Super Sport~
Liquid Silver with Black Ghost flames
K&N Filter, Fender Delete Kit
Aftermarket Mirror Shield
Devil Carbon Fiber High Mount Pipe
Power Commander III

02' Subaru WRX Turbo Sport Wagon
Eibach Springs, Short Throw Shifter
17" Versus Campionato Wheels Wrapped in Pirrelli tires
Jimmiz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:31 PM   #3
wufpak18
AF Regular

I only found pipes for years 00'-05' and i'm looking to buy an older pipe (98' at the newest)
Old 09-14-2005, 10:32 PM   #4
wufpak18
AF Regular

I meant older bike, not pipe
Old 09-17-2005, 01:24 AM   #5
RoostRider
AF Newbie

people like this are why there are so many trail closings
RoostRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 08:59 PM   #6
wufpak18
AF Regular

Yep, since i ride in MY yard.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:13 AM   #7
RoostRider
AF Newbie

it doesn't matter where you ride, sound carries and loud bikes give a bad image.... so unless you own several square miles, and only ride in the center of it....

The sound thing is ALL image.... just buy some designer jeans instead and spare the dirtbike community...
Old 09-19-2005, 09:57 AM   #8
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Re: Re: Exhaust questions

Just out of curiousity why do you want to make it as loud as possible? When you get older you'll probably wish that you did everything possible in your life for hearing conservation. Anything over 90 decibels will damage your hearing over a period of time. I don't see the relationship between being loud and power. Just my 2 cents.

'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8
'02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6
'99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6
'03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold)
Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
BNaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:57 PM   #9
wufpak18
AF Regular

My car is loud, my bike is loud, my stereo is loud, everything is i own is loud. Loudness has always be associated with power and intimidation. This is the reason why rice or Acura's bows at my feet when i drive by, they don't want any of the T/A. My car is almost twice as loud as the CR250R i just bought, and i have heard no complaints from the one neighbor i have about my car. The bike i just bought has pro circuit pipe and silencer so i believe this meets the regulations on exhaust. As for the designer pants, I'm sorry to inform you that i have no designer pants, I have my brothers pants that was handed down to me. I'm sorry i decided to pursue something that i enjoy and maybe i won't embarrass the sport any more than you do.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:13 AM   #10
BNaylor
AF Moderator

More power to you. It's your choice and decision. BTW - Congratulations on the purchase of the CR250R. One of my sons has a '96 TA WS6 and he has no problems intimidating ricers.

'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8
'02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6
'99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6
'03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold)
Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
BNaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:32 PM   #11
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wufpak18
I'm sorry i decided to pursue something that i enjoy and maybe i won't embarrass the sport any more than you do.

There is no reason to be rude. The other folks were voicing reasonable opinions that I agree with.

The issue of noise is serious. Loud pipes, on anything, car or bike pisses people off. Maybe your neighbours are too nice or polite to say anything, but nobody wants to hear an unmuffled engine, especially a 2 stroke.
I am not trying to be nasty, its a fact. Loud pipes will annoy anyone who hears it, so unless you are riding on Mars, have consideration for others and keep it down.
If you must be a annoying, consider a Supertrapp. These are tuneable and can make more or less noise as you desire.
So when your neighbour comes at you with a shotgun because he cant take it anymore, you can quiet it down without having to buy a new pipe.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:47 PM   #12
wufpak18
AF Regular

Sorry for the defense, but i don't take being insulted lightly. I also want to know who doesn't like loud things. Everyone in i know wants loud cars and bikes. I guess it is different outside of North Carolina. As for my neighbors, they are louder than me with potato guns and fireworks, it doesn't bother me.

I guess tolerance isn't as widespread as it is said to be.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:35 PM   #13
RoostRider
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wufpak18
I guess it is different outside of North Carolina.
yeah, I guess it is....

ok, it's a rude concept that people should have to 'tolerate' you riding. You should be showing people the courtesy so that you are enjoyable instead of 'tolerable'. That is, if you want to retain the right to ride.

Your actions affect how ALL dirtbikers are viewed by the non-dirtbiking hoards (sp?)... That is why I'm opposed to your actions.(it has nothing to do with you in particular)

I don't like loud things unless it's my choice to be expossed to them.... and neither do MOST people (nearly universally the people who are against dirtbikes and ATV's)

Why give them ammo?

You admit that it's an image issue for "power and intimidation"..... who is it you need to intimidate? if you can outride them thats all there is to it. If you can't, you're a loud poser.

As for the jeans comment, I wasn't suggesting that you own designer jeans, I was insinuating that perhaps they could fill your need for 'fashion' with them and thereby spare the dirtbike community the need to defend your right to ride. (it was a joke... a Fruedian one... sorry for the jab)

If you keep the thing on your land, and only your land it's not as bad, I have to admit.... but if you rig that thing with illegal exhaust and take it on public land (which is nearly inevitable) I hope you get a nice big fine, so we can point you out to the 'greenies' and show that violators are dealt with severely. (I wish they would do that to the guys with the loud cars too!!!... you may not be pissing off your particular neighbor, but you are, no doubt, pissing off every community you ride through)...

heres to tolerance.... maybe you should tolerate the laws of the communities you offend.... (or do you only drive your car on your land too?)
Old 09-21-2005, 08:40 PM   #14
wufpak18
AF Regular

All my exhaust is legal. Here's to being louder than a jet and still legal.

What i am wondering, though, is how my question about exhaust was turned into this. Y'all have no idea were i ride or even if i really have a bike (i do but that's beside the point). It was a simple question to further my knowledge on something i love to do. If this is what it takes to not even get my question answered, I'll have to say that there are better forums. bye.

Blake
Old 09-21-2005, 09:11 PM   #15
RoostRider
AF Newbie

if you find a forum that advises you about the loudest exhaust you can put on without warning you about the ramifications, not only to you , but to the whole dirtbiking community, you have found one lousy site.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Dirt Bikes