Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '01-'05 Civic
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 04:00 PM   #1
Shaguar47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shaguar47
The Latest news on the 2006 Civic

Visting the http://www.vtec.net/news/, They have just updated some news on the '06 civic which is from honda so you know this is going to happen. Below are significant quotes from the speeches that honda made on the new civic. Enjoy reading on what you could be tuning in the near future!

Remarks by Takeo Fukui - 2005 NAIAS Auto Show

"This fall, we will begin launching an all-new Civic. This will be the 8th generation Civic ... with total global production now approximately 16 million units. And it remains a benchmark among compact cars. In order to exceed these global customer expectations, the next generation global Civic lineup will include 2-, 3-, 4- and 5-door models. It will be produced in all six of Honda's regional operations."

"The concept for the new Civic will focus on emotion and a fun-to-drive spirit. I am excited about the ability of the new Civic lineup to meet the needs of people who love to drive. To achieve this direction ... we have designed a completely new engine and body."

"In fact ... Civic will offer four advanced powerplants in its first year on the market. This is an industry first. The new Civic will have Honda's latest i-VTEC engine ... with new technology that achieves even higher fuel economy and low emissions. This means every Honda and Acura sold in the U.S. will have a next generation engine. We also will introduce the Civic Diesel in Europe with Honda's award-winning diesel engine. The natural gas Civic is the cleanest internal combustion engine in the world and will continue to be made in Ohio. And a new Civic Hybrid will have a hybrid system with significantly higher fuel economy and performance."

Honda President and CEO Takeo Fukui Announces New Safety and Environmental Initiatives

"Based on Honda's industry leading "Safety for Everyone" initiative, the next generation 2006 Civic will set new standards for safety performance in the compact class. The new Civic, being introduced this fall, will feature anti-lock brakes, side curtain airbags, driver and passenger side airbags with Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS) technology and pedestrian safety features as standard equipment on all U.S. Civic models. In addition, the new Civic will utilize Honda's Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure for improved occupant protection and compatibility with larger vehicles in a collision, the first application of this technology in a compact-class vehicle."

NAIAS Coverage - Day 3

"He mentioned several items of interest regarding the upcoming Civic, stating that it would be using a full line of "next generation" engines, offering gas, hybrid, and (in Europe) diesel models. The gas models of the Civic will all use i-VTEC, featuring "new technology" (direct injection?). Worldwide, the Civic will be offered in 2, 3, 4 and 5-door versions."

Current -- Ex to Si. It's Overdone, but who gives a crap. I don't!
Shaguar47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:07 PM   #2
Civic_D16Y5
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Civic_D16Y5
Re: The Latest news on the 2006 Civic

hmm a 5 door civic, sounds too much like a Zx5, grrr i wish the would bring back the accord 3 door, that thing was pimp. i wonder if they will try and combat toyotas optional supercharger on their scion tc, with an optional turbo on the 3 door civic
Old 01-12-2005, 06:59 PM   #3
Shaguar47
AF Enthusiast

might, but man oh man does direct injection sound good though.

Old 01-14-2005, 11:34 AM   #4
Mendari
AF Enthusiast

Mendari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 04:58 PM   #5
Shaguar47
AF Enthusiast

There are no pictures yet, unless you look at the recent threads of the shots of what looks like the 06 civic. If there were new picks, I would certainly post them, but sorry, none right of this moment. Maybe in a few more months, we'll see a concept picture stated from honda.

Old 01-14-2005, 05:48 PM   #6
sivic02
AF Enthusiast

*sigh* I want a 3 door diesel civic.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:37 PM   #7
Shaguar47
AF Enthusiast

Honda just announced that they will release the concept of the 8th generation civic at the chicago auto show on feb. 12th. I can't wait. Hopefully honda will get back on the right track and have a winner on there hands again.

Old 02-04-2005, 02:05 PM   #8
NerveAgent
AF Enthusiast

k20's standard on models maybe?! ;-)
NerveAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:50 PM   #9
GScivic7
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to GScivic7 Send a message via MSN to GScivic7

I just skimmed it real quick, so don't kill me if this was in the post.

Anyhow, I've read rumors that honda might be coming out with a 2.4L TURBO motor that will, if in fact is produced, be put into the TSX and maybe a Civic line above the Si. Which means no more RSX obviously, but who cares we might get a turboed Civic. The 2.4L motor won't be the current K24 in the CRV, but an all new motor.

I just can't wait for someone to confirm this.

Empty Pockets Racing Member #1
GScivic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:55 PM   #10
Mendari
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: The Latest news on the 2006 Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaguar47
There are no pictures yet, ....
Yup, I've been scouring the internet like a fiend.
I can't find anything except for that picture of a Citroen or Peugot that is supposed to be a Civic.
That thing has to be a hoax.
Mendari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:23 PM   #11
sivic02
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: The Latest news on the 2006 Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerveAgent
k20's standard on models maybe?! ;-)
Not quite, they will be k-series but will be destroked, k17 k16 etc.

Honda isnt going to come out with a turbo motor, it cant be.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:46 PM   #12
GScivic7
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to GScivic7 Send a message via MSN to GScivic7
Re: Re: Re: The Latest news on the 2006 Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivic02
Honda isnt going to come out with a turbo motor, it cant be.
Why not though. They just released a car with an AWD system that is probably one of the most sophisticated on the market right now.

Next step is a turboed car. I think Honda is finally seeing the light, let's just hope everything comes true.

Quote:
January 27, 2005 -- From recently obtained inside information given exclusively to honda-tech.com by an email tipster, we have verified the engines that will be featured in the 2006 Honda Civic, 2007 Honda Fit and possibly the 2007 Acura TSX, plus other engines that have unknown destinations. Our source reports that Honda is in the final stages of development for three new engines destined for the US, including a 2.0L 4 cylinder and a 2.4L 4 banger. One of these engines will probably be slotted into the Civic Si, respectively. Whatís more, Honda is bringing to market its first US application of a turbocharger in the form of a 2.4L Turbo. This engine will presumably be fitted into the Acura TSX, or perhaps even a high output Civic slotted above the Si. Also, our source has confirmed that Honda is developing a new 1.3L hybrid engine, a 1.5L and a 1.8L. The 1.5L, originally scheduled for launch in MY2006, has been delayed until MY2007 but it will be built in the US.

Undoubtedly the biggest surprise of this batch is that Honda has chosen to introduce a turbocharged engine in the US. While our source could not confirm whether or not it would be a DOHC i-VTEC, he hinted that it would not be affixed to the current K24 engine that Honda uses in the TSX, Accord and Element. No horsepower figures are available, but expect the Civic Siís powerplant to produce around 200 horses while the turbo should make about 250. The new 1.3L Hybrid engine will probably see duty in either a Fit Hybrid or the next iteration of the Honda Insight. The Fit, Hondaís wildly popular car in Europe and Japan, will probably start at around $12,000 when it reaches US shores.

Empty Pockets Racing Member #1
GScivic7 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD