Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #31
Rogersump
AF Newbie

Re: How many have had to change their fuel pump

Changed my fuel pump at 149000 miles -- $801.00
Old 09-07-2006, 11:36 AM   #32
walhan
AF Newbie

I have two solutions of fuel pump problem in YUKON &SUBERBAN
1- this will not fix the problem but it will make it easy to change the fuel pump, which is by making a hole over the fule pump and this will let you change the fuel pump in only 10 mins.
2- the secound solution and wich will fix the problem forever is to replace the pump only with landcruserVXR pump.

I hope to here from you...
Old 09-08-2006, 07:58 PM   #33
bcopeland
AF Enthusiast

I drove from LA to Houston (1,550 miles) and right at Katy, Texas (20 miles from home) at 2:30 am the fuel pump went out. I bought a fuel pump for $120 I believe and put it in myself. It took several hours, but I always take my time.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:49 AM   #34
nrisher1
AF Newbie

at about 79k it's a pain.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:54 PM   #35
phat97yukon
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to phat97yukon
Angry Re: How many have had to change their fuel pump

Pump number 3 now for me in 2 years.... the one that was in it changed cuz the gauge was screwed... 2nd one lasted 1 year and 2 days and the 2 days was over the one year warrenty so i was fueming... than i just put in #3 bout 3 months ago, and since ive put in this one when the truck is runnin the pump makes a annoyin knockin noise, so im just waitin to drop the tank again and changin it once more.... hopefuly this time it wont be with 3/4 tank...

84 Chevy K20; 10" Lift, 40's, 350/sm465/205, 410's more to come
Old 10-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #36
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

I noticed when I had my shop customers who always ran on empty had many more problems than ones who kept over 1/2 tank of fuel. The fuel cools the pump in a hot climate and you aren't sucking dirt into the pump.
I also found delco pumps last longer. Some parts stores sell delco parts. Always change the strainers when doing a job and install a new fuel filter.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:23 PM   #37
mad max
AF Newbie

I posted this before but it may well help some of you also:
I had a similar problem with my 97 GMC G3500 (1 ton) van. After changing the fuel pump, (I am good with electronics) it kept breaking down. I finally sent my assistant down under the truck when it was dead and found there was a harness that went from the motor to the pump and it had about a 3 foot length that had an additionl plug-in connection (probably to allow for easier tranny removal without having to go all the way to the pump to unplug it) the plug on the wires going from the main harness to the pump was along side the tranny. He played with it while the key was on and then the pump kicked in. (You can hear the buzzing until it reaches preasure) I turned off the key, cut out the damn male and female plug and heat shrinked and taped it back together. All done - untill the next guy (I ended up trading it in on a new one later) has to change the tranny! He'll have to cut it again - OH Well.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:11 PM   #38
bighogtoy
AF Newbie

Wink Re: How many have had to change their fuel pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by divemaster
I have changed mine 4 times. I am about to change it again. I am soooo frustrated! I replace the screen each time and the damn thing only lasts 6-8 months.

Any thoughts?
I have replaced mine three time already and it seems like when they are new they are very quiet and after 25.000 mile down the rode they start getting loud(winding noise) it seem like the impeller inside the pump starts to ware out(rubbing) and then they just stops dead!!!.
I am sinking about going with an external pump (electric) witch will make it a bit better to replace and to rebuilt.
Best Regard.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:19 PM   #39
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Even if you put in an external pump you will need a booster pump in the fuel tank. The bosch fuel pumps for a volvo 929 are about the same pressure. A friend got a used one at the yard and got over 150,000 on it. This was on his volvo. He paid $10.00 for it.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:19 PM   #40
Denalix5
AF Regular

So the consensus seems to be not to let your tank go below 1/4 tank and change your fuel filter at least every two years.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #41
bighogtoy
AF Newbie

My ABS KICKS IN FOR THE FIRST TWO MILES AT LOW SPEED.

Recently I notice that my truck in the early morning for the first TWO or THREE miles when I am coming to a stop just about a complete stop (second gear dropping to 1) the ABS kicks in or activates rather very litter like if one of the front tires just went over a block of ice and also I am not even moving fast, when I step on the brake pedal the ABS activates and the pedal starts to pulsate and I can hear the ABS pump running.
Anyone have any idea or maybe have or had this problem before.
Thank you.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #42
Shantrane
AF Newbie

Got mine changed at 95k, Cost 900 at the dealer.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:47 PM   #43
cctech13
AF Newbie

I had to change my fuel pump at about 100k. sucks getting the tank off with a full tank of gas, very heavy. The new pump only lasted about 15k miles and was out of warranty by a couple of weeks, one year warranty on a new pump. I cut a hole in the floor to have a easy access panel for changing it in the future. It only toke me 10 mins to change it, the second time. This is something the factory should do to all trucks with fuel pumps in the tank. Also make sure you don't get any dirt in the tank, that is probably why my 2nd pump gave out.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #44
atlantis_my
AF Newbie

I have a 2002 Yukon and I had the dealer change mines at 70k miles. Labor $500 and Parts $500. The idle was rough and RPM was changing.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:03 PM   #45
kool whip
AF Newbie

Cool Re: How many have had to change their fuel pump

hi all yukon denali 01

I had to change mine at 62,450 miles .It gave me no warning at all just lose power and started to sputter and stalled out.It cost me $ 1145.68. to get it repaired at the dealership. Hurt my pocket "but had to get it done,,hope it dosen't happen again. talk with u again////// thank u for listening

(now i'm broke as a joke)

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon