Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
tigerstyle64
AF Newbie

02' ram 1500 electrical problem maybe?

I have a ram 1500 2002 with the 4.7 V8 in it and what it is doing on occation not even very often is when you run it for a bit and then come to a stop the car shuts itself off. It doesn't stall or anything it is like you just turned the key to turn it off but the key is still in the on position and all the gauges are still going and the Heat/Ac is still on and it always starts right back up when you shift into park and turn the key over agian. Also i don't know if this has anything to do with it or not but my Heater in the truck is also having problems it blows hot air out of the vents for about 10 min or so then goes cool not cold but cool so you turn it off for about 5 then back on and it will blow hot for a bit then back to cool you change the vents it is coming out of it will then blow hot for a bit then back to cool also the drivers side will blow hot and pass blow cool and vice versa. anybody got any suggestions the only thing i can think of would be related to the computer?
tigerstyle64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
HEMIDAZE
AF Regular

Re: 02' ram 1500 electrical problem maybe?

I have run into the problem of stalling when stopping three times. All three times it was thwe torque converter failing to unlock. When you restart it corrects itself. On one older car we just cut the converter lock up wire. Problem fixed at the cost of 1 MPG. Heater blowing hot then cold could be as simple as low antifreeze.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
tigerstyle64
AF Newbie

I have already checked to antifreeze. I got input from a car buddy of mine and he thought it had something to do with the electrical in the dash was messing up because of the random air blowing not just hot or cold and not out off all vents at the same time and stuff like that. Also the truck is not actually stalling it doesn't sputter or or shake or anything it just turns itself off like I turned the key off without actually turning the key off and I was wondering if that is something electrical also
tigerstyle64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Had similar on my 96. Mine would die after backing out, and going to drive. Thought it was neutral safety switch. Then it started happening driving down the road. Read on here, if the computer senses anything less than 12volts, it will shutoff the truck. Checked the age on my battery, it was a 5 year battery going on 5 yrs. With winter approaching, replaced it. No issues since. As far as the blower etc. That sounds like more of a vacuum issue, check valve, leaking hose etc.
aleekat is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10