Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics Discuss different body kits, body work in general, and all types of exterior modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #1
MikeSomeone
AF Newbie

paint color choice

I'm looking at buying a 1995 Buick Lesabre for my first car. The paint on it is bad and it needs to be repainted. Right now it is burgandy with burgandy/maroon interior. If I get it painted I was thinking about getting it painted glossy black. Do you guys think that would look decent with this model car. Also, I didnt want to pay for them to have to paint the door jams etc. Would it look bad if the door jams were the stock color and the exterior was black. Does it cost more to get it painted a different color then the factory paint or would it cost the same as if I went with the original color? About how much would a decent but cheap paint job cost? Someone had mentioned Maaco would probably do it for about $200. Sound about right?
MikeSomeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
89-325i
Banned

Re: paint color choice

i haven't had experince from Maaco. but i've heard when they do the 200 dollar jobs they don't prep it or anything. like even whipe it down. i heard they turn out like crap. if you do that though. just really prep your car. make sure all wax and cleaners are off the car. i just painted my own car. lol lucky for me i could use a schools paint shop. lol anyway tell us how that goes
89-325i is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics