Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Land Cruiser/LX470
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 08:30 AM   #1
SouthTx94TLC
AF Newbie

My 94 TLC gets waterlogged

My 94 Toyota Land Cruiser gets waterlogged anytime I wash it or it rains. Local Toyota dealer said water gets into the chassis rails and that there are plugs that can be pulled. I checked this and found that they already were. Still, everytime it rains or I wash it, it sloshes everytime I come to a stop.

Anybody else experiencing this? and are there any solutions?

Thanks
SouthTx94TLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 05:03 PM   #2
Lear60
AF Newbie

I'm having the same problem with my '93. How hard was it to find those plugs? I didn't see mine, but I didn't have much light to work with. If you find a solution, plz post. I love the rig, but the water sloshing drives me nuts & it's a little embarrassing with passengers.
Lear60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 07:09 PM   #3
rileylyn
AF Newbie

Re: My 94 TLC gets waterlogged

Sorry I can't help you at the moment. I can only comment that my '94 I just purchased collects water on the floor near the rear window. This explains the smell when it is wet out. I saw a reply on another site that mentioned 4 drain holes for the sunroof and the need to remove a side kick panel near the left foot rest. Anyway, if I learn more, I'll re-post.
rileylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 12:37 PM   #4
Indetrucks
AF Regular

Sloshy LandCruiser Fix

Hey guys, I worked as a service Manager for Toyota for about 8 years. The problem you are having is common after it rains. The ONLY thing I have ever seen be the issue is, the water gets trapped in the Running Boards. These are the steps that you use to enter and exit the truck that run along both the left and right side. The rubber plugs are on both front and back ends undernieth the running boards. You will have to get on your back inorder to see them. Not a difficult task at all and this will solve the solution. Just pull them out. If it doesn't help then there may be something inside the boards clogging the drain hole. I would then toss the plugs or do what you wish with them.
65 Chevelle SS BB
72/01 Mini Cooper (Classic)
02 Ducati 998 Mono SuperBike
Quote:
[I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country…]
Indetrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 10:16 AM   #5
rileylyn
AF Newbie

Re: Sloshy LandCruiser Fix

I think I have fixed two areas that were letting water in on my '94 LC. The first was at the rear-side sliding windows. There are drain plugs underneath the vehilce directly below these windows. The other was the more common problem of the frame rails collecting water. You hear it slosh back and forth while driving. Removing the any one of those drain plugs along the rail let out a lot of water, in my case. I only had to remove one on the right side rail.
rileylyn is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Land Cruiser/LX470