Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > RX300/RX330/Harrier
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 06:30 PM   #1
lodownlv
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to lodownlv Send a message via Yahoo to lodownlv
Rx VSC Info and answers?

Well ive ben looking at alot of 1st gen rx300's lately and ive found that im one of the fiew that has a VSC model you will know this because their will be a VsC Logo on both front fenders.. Anyways i know that vsc models have variable cam timeing and electronic transmission timeing. The thing is i want detals sutch as hp diffrences between VSC and non VSC models. my second question is how to tweek the computer to get more power! i know that the nissian sr20det has variable cam timeing on both the intake and exaust witch you can tweek in the computer and gain a lot of low end horse power. i figure we need to start here with the rx and then move on turbo or supercharger :-) it seems to me like i probly could get one fabercated since their is room to work with.. My plan is a SuV sleeper to shoot out all these ricers!
thanks all!
lodownlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 12:26 AM   #2
mruwka
AF Regular

Re: Rx VSC Info and answers?

VSC to my understanding means Vehicle Skid Control......im not sure if it was an option but on it showed up on the later models as standard. All it dose. is prevents the vehicle to skid or fish-tale. But you have to rock the boat pretty hard to get it to kick on....but when it dose all kinds of bells and whistles will start to alarm you and the VSC light will come on.

You as a driver will loose total control over the vehicle........the PCM will take over, and will turn on the ABS, Shut down the injectors, Retard the timing, both the ignition and the cam....to bring the vehicle out form the skid and bring it under control....

remember

the VSS, ABS, VVt-i yaw or pitch sensor and systems will be used to determine the skid severity, and will determine what it needs to do at that moment.
Ex;
small to mild
all it need to do is retard the VVT-i
in some extreme cases it will use ABS system, VVT-i, and will shut down the injectors in any particular order that it thinks it should fallow.....

Most of the rx300 have a button on the bottom left side of the driver seat dash board.....almost by the hood opener to shut down the VSC....try that.

Turbo and any other mods to it are kind of out of my league just yet.....and i don’t have the $$$ to deal with ether...

Sorry had to go home for the weekend......
mruwka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 01:07 AM   #3
lodownlv
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to lodownlv Send a message via Yahoo to lodownlv

so do all rx300 have the same engine and variable cam timeing and VSC or do some not have variable cam timeing and no vcc
lodownlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 01:56 PM   #4
mruwka
AF Regular

all of them have the same V6 3.0L engine.....
Camry, ES300, Solara, Toyota ven name??, Rx300 have the same engine....
SC400 & LS400 & GS400 have the same engine V8 4.0L
SC300 & GS300 & Supra have IN line 6 3.0L
and so on and so on......

The VVt-i only came about around 96-97 (not sure) but from that date, all of them had it....

Not sure when the VSC came in But is a separate system form VVt-i there for it was introduced at a different date i believe.....
mruwka is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > RX300/RX330/Harrier