Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #1
kstar24
AF Newbie

2008 Escape air flow direction

I have a 2008 Escape limited. I am having continuous issues with the air flow not going where it is supposed to. The actuator has been changed 3 times. It appears to work ok for a day or so and then it does not repond and redirect the way it should.
Here are the different ways it works.

If I press the button(push button controls not a dial)

Floor only I get minor air on the floor and more out the defrost.
Vent and floor Same thing as above no change
Defrost Actually goes to defrost
Defrost and vent defrost only
Vent only well...once coming thru the vent it fine but..
If I move it off of vent only to any other setting, then try to go back to vent only it won't always go back. Turn the power off and on sometimes it will switch. I can be parked push buttons back to change the direction and it won't move. I start driving and next thing I know it is coming out the vent. I have not been able to come up with any rhyme or reason why it does what it does.
The actuator was changed at a shop and he has stood by his work. But I feel bad having to take it back a 4th time, This last time I think it worked for 3 days and then started acting up again.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
kstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
kenman1717
AF Regular

Re: 2008 Escape air flow direction

did you ever get this figured out. I have one in the shop exact same issue, except it has knob control. it was here a couple weeks ago and I changed the cabin filter and blower motor cause they were junk. then it started acting up exactly like described, only defrost really worked, then after messing with it and driving everything else would work for a bit. I ended up diagnosing the actuator, ordered the part, just installed it, everything worked great for about 5 minutes now I'm back to defrost only.
kenman1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:06 AM   #3
kstar24
AF Newbie

I still don't have mine fixed. I manually move the actuator to come out the vents. I just make sure the buttons for get touched.
I am still open to any suggestions someone may have
Old 12-06-2017, 09:48 AM   #4
kstar24
AF Newbie

Have you had any luck figuring this out? I really hate to take it to the dealer but no one seems to know what the issue is.
Thanks
Old 12-06-2017, 12:00 PM   #5
kenman1717
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstar24 View Post
Have you had any luck figuring this out? I really hate to take it to the dealer but no one seems to know what the issue is.
Thanks
Actually it is working normally now. And we also found it also works better when the car is running. Haven't really figured out why it decided to quit after I replaced the actuator, but the vehicle has been back for and oil change and a steering rack at different times and they say it switches to the other modes fine. Personally on my vehicles all I use is defrost anyway, but some like their toes warm.
kenman1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 12:19 PM   #6
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman1717 View Post
Actually it is working normally now. And we also found it also works better when the car is running. Haven't really figured out why it decided to quit after I replaced the actuator, but the vehicle has been back for and oil change and a steering rack at different times and they say it switches to the other modes fine. Personally on my vehicles all I use is defrost anyway, but some like their toes warm.

And depending on the time of year some like the a/c but i am not a fan of it....everytime i use it i get a sore throat and stuffed up for days..so it's only on when extremely hot

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid