Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > S Coupe
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
chevyrulespops
AF Regular

hyundai scoupe no start

I changed out a motor from a 93 scoupe to a 94 everything swapped easily from one motor to the other....everything was working fine starting wise be4 hand... now i cant get it started...Im not a 100% sure of the timing....i think my firing order is off im going to try 1-3-4-2 does anyone know of another possible firing order? the #1 and #4 pistons are at top dead center at the same time.....................or something else i should think of?
chevyrulespops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
chevyrulespops
AF Regular

Re: hyundai scoupe no start

good news, I changed the firing order to 1-3-4-2 and it turned on...the valves are rattling like theres no oil on top and its idling like crap especially when i put it in drive...if I put it in drive it doesnt shut off but the vibration is off the hook!..My friend says I should adjust the valves...any one knows the correct way to do this?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
Scrapper
AF Premium User

that sounds like now you got them plug wires wrong if it ran good at first. call auto zone and get the firing order. it should be on your intake if not call them.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
chevyrulespops
AF Regular

its the right firing order now, 1-3-4-2 it turns on but I had to change the motor entirely..and since the block i had obtained didnt have a distributor I had to put the top of the old motor on the new block. I think I should definitely adjust the valves but more importantly I should check the timing and see if its correct...thanks
Old 11-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
chevyrulespops
AF Regular

Great! the rough idle had gone away substantially by adjusting the valves...I now have alot of vibration when I put it in drive...not good at all but at least the valves are not clacking away like before...I suspect that the timing is off but I cant seem to find the terminal/connector that i need to ground. Does anyone have a clue as to where it might be????
Old 11-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
chevyrulespops
AF Regular

Update!! I finally fixed the car. The firing order was 1-3-4-2 but beggining with the second terminal to the left. I originally installed the wires from the first terminal from the right and it turned on. Luckily I didnt damage the engine. When I removed the distributor cap I saw where the rotor was pointing at TDC thats where I started the firing order and presto...problem fixed...car starts and runs like gravy!! No vibration. YES!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > S Coupe