Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 07:13 AM   #1
PDSJR
AF Newbie

What SUV/Tr:uck/Car to get?

So I now have a 2011 Nissan Pathfinder. It has mostly treated me well but it is starting to have too many issues, so it is probably time to get a new one. It has over 160k miles on it. I could also just keep it going by putting more money into it too of course, but I have been looking at new vehicles and my wife's been breathing down my neck about it too.

So I primarily like body on frame SUVs but not a lot to choose from in that category. I am not wealthy either so, I can't get anything super high priced. I have been considering the Toyota 4runner, but it seems not that much better than what I have now and the interior is kind of tacky, although I guess Toyota is known for dependability. The Pathfinder is now a crossover, it is being a little more redesigned for this year . Still a crossover though.

I guess you could say I tend to like the rugged vehicles primarily, not really wanting a sedan or crossover, but still need dependability too. I have researched almost everything in existence and nothing is giving me that "this is it" feeling.

What do you like?
PDSJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:56 PM   #2
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Re: What SUV/Tr:uck/Car to get?

I searched/test drove for months. Went with a used Subaru Forester.
Old 05-04-2021, 06:15 PM   #3
Colombiaauto
AF Newbie

Re: What SUV/Tr:uck/Car to get?

My impression is that body on frame 4x4s have pretty much left the market in the US. Jeep might be only one standing or maybe Land Rover Defender if aavailable there. A real shame as twentyfive years ago there were so many options. The ones in that category (body in frame) that I've owned that weren't trucks were Toyota Land Cruiser in the US then here in Colombia Chevrolet (Suzuki) Vitara (very tough little 4x4) and Mitsubishi Montero, also great. Too bad the current 2 door version probably isn't available there. It is truelly off road capable with low range but with six speed automatic. I share your concern about the crossover genre. I bought a Mazda CX 5 Turbo last year. It seems reasonably capable at knowing when to send traction to different points but not perfect by any means. And here at least the only available tire replacements are original equipment which is a good street tire but no off road ability. Well, good luck!
Colombiaauto is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General