Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Rio | Rio Cinco | Pride
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
wdchparks
AF Newbie

Cylinder 4 Location 2009 Rio code P0304

I have 2009 Kia Rio, 72,000 miles timing belt replaced 5,000 miles ago. Trouble code P0304. Engine stumbling on highway under load at lower speeds ok. Wish to replace coil pack on cylinder 4. Can anyone tell me where it is located. Yes I know it can be other thigs before I spend $90 at dealer for diagnostic and then $90+ in labor and $100 for there coil pack I wish to try myself first. Some times you win sometimes you loose, hopefully a win

What I know now is It is a straight 4, guessing 1 is at timing belt end and 4 the other. P0300 is a general misfire on multiple cylinders, while P0301,2,3,4 are the various cylinders. I have seen this code in many sites but no resolution. On Friday I get the car back and will replace the plugs with NGK's, and replace the coil pack n cylinder 4.

I will write in here again after I do this so others can learn hopefully but probably not until Saturday.

Many thanks

Last edited by wdchparks; 12-19-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Adding information
wdchparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
wdchparks
AF Newbie

Re: Cylinder 4 Location 2009 Rio code P0304

So I bought a code scanner. Autozone told me I could go home come back and they would gladly read the code again. The codes present P0300, and P0304. Flashing engine problem is currently happening, steady engine light code registered. I swapped coil pack 4 to coil pack 3. I cleared the codes. Took out for drive registered new codes. Codes now P0300, and P0303. The code followed the bad coil pack to cylinder 3. Replaced the coil pack on cylinder 3 and engine is fine. When it was running bad the engine would stumble and shake at idle and under power. There are about 6 things associated with code P0304 but because no codes threw on any other cylinder I started with the coil pack. P0300 is multiple misfires.

My belief is the cylinder numbers are 1 at timing belt and 2,3,4 towards the other end of motor.

Good luck to all
wdchparks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wdchparks For This Useful Post:
sierra3dr (09-12-2022)
Old 12-23-2021, 02:49 PM   #3
RemydeJesus
AF Newbie

Re: Cylinder 4 Location 2009 Rio code P0304

I am aware that this thread is a little old, but the issue is still relevant. I own a 2009 Kia Rio with approximately 127,000 miles and have replaced the ignition coils for the third time. I have purchased a single coil for US$73.00 at the local parts store and a set of 4, for $84.00 dollars on the internet. There is no discernable difference in the reliability. Simply purchase the economical ones, because for all we know they can all come from the same production line.
RemydeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Rio | Rio Cinco | Pride