Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
View Poll Results: Cheap Speed?
Weight Reduction 14 16.09%
Accessory Removal(parasitic) 2 2.30%
DIY...everytime 12 13.79%
Sell everything you own for parts 6 6.90%
There is no cheap speed! 48 55.17%
Other 5 5.75%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 01:09 PM   #31
PunkAlex
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to PunkAlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyzfr6
One more question WTF is this on lets get technical?
Well where the hell else is it gonna go dipshit?

I tend to hate people....expecially liberals...
This is my temporary racecar-the two liter beast itself, the 87 camry:
PunkAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:35 AM   #32
looking4_12s_run
AF Newbie

Re: Cheap Speed?

If your looking for a speed at the lowest price and you dont care about comfort (ie weight reduction),go get yourself a beet up bike and go.

Im more impressed by the fast car that looks good than the sripped car that can pull half decent times.

For those who dont get us, go spend 50 grand on your status symbols.
For half the price, we'll be passing you by in custom style at high speeds, expressing our selves and teaching the world not to conform to its corrupt ideals of rich will be rich and you should buy this.
We will demonstrate the intelligence of desire and swim in the success of doing what you said we couldnt.

Screeachhhhhhh.... and im gone.
looking4_12s_run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:32 AM   #33
bbyzfr6
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to bbyzfr6 Send a message via Yahoo to bbyzfr6

How about general. How the f#@$ is this technical? Name one technical aspect of your question? Should I rape my car to make it faster does not count. Once again there are more people who talk on here than there are who do on here.

I think all these dumb a$$ racing questions should go in a new section. TITLE: Dumb ass racing questions or what not to do to your car.

It will be funny when you get spanked by a car that looks good, rides nice, and can actually get chicks when you have thrashed yours and still get spanked.

GENERAL OPINION is what your first post pertains to. It has nothing to do with lets get technical. If you have a problem with that come find me and I'll show you a thing or two.
bbyzfr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 03:40 PM   #34
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to whtteg

I have no problem with this being in the "Lets Get Technical" forum. I suggest that if you don't like it then don't contribute. Have you thought that he might be finding out what route to take in modifying his car? He is probably finding out what the more knowledgeable people have to say and suggest so that he takes the best path for his needs. I think some people are just waiting around to start flame wars, it is not needed, he did nothing to deserve a flaming. You will not get far here by acting like that nor will you get a lot of help from more veteran people like myself if you have a problem.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:12 PM   #35
bbyzfr6
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to bbyzfr6 Send a message via Yahoo to bbyzfr6

I have posted several pertinet questions on here that have recieved no replies. If I had to make a guess, half the people on the lets get technical section do very little work on their own cars. I said half that way I am not slamming the people who do know a lot more than me.

Even product reviews could not be answered with any technical back ground when I posted about clutch and flywheel quality and best application for the street. I did search a found a bunch of junk, but no one had said this is what I have and this is what I liked/ dislike best about it. It's quality looked good and clean or crappy and why the hell did I spend the money on this...

As for this post: We all know less weight equals a faster car...at least highschool physics told us that...so why was the question posted?

I gave my opinion and got slammed i.e. calling an ME a dipshit. I said leave the car looking good and not rip out the interior ect. That is the most retarded thing you could do to a street car to drop weight is strip the interior. What is the car for...? That isn't modifying the car that is raping it. That was my point. There comes a time you have to put the magazine down, block out all the would doers, should doers, could doers, and pick up the wrench. The wrestling coach used to say. It's either time to s#$% or get off the pot. i.e. quit dancing with the guy and slam his a##.
bbyzfr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 04:53 PM   #36
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

I agree with you on the weight reduction. As you can see in my sig when I go to the track I run full interior. I was just saying that the " why is this in this forum" remark was uncalled for IMO. As for the clutch topic I have first hand experience with Paeco flywheels and clutchmasters clutches, and Clutchnet clutches. Paeco flywheels are complete crap!!! I installed one on my friend's 300z and it warped, cracked and destroyed the rear main bearing. I have also installed a clutchmasters stage 3 clutch in a friend’s GSR and we broke it in and everything and it slowly started to give out. After approximately 6K miles it was finally time to yank it out. We opted to go with a Clutchnet clutch kit and it has been in the car for close to 2 yrs now and still grips just as hard as it did when it was new. I think the reason behind the clutchmasters clutch giving out was due to the pressure plate not having enough clamping force due to them tring to keep the pedal feel close to stock. If you are going to get a clutch and flywheel combo get a chrome-moly flywheel and either a ACT or Clutchnet clutch.

Also did you look at this thread? It has some helpful info about flywheels http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=181256 Not as indepth as I think you mught have been looking for but all you had to do was ask in that thread and it would have been answered.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:26 PM   #37
Miataracer
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Miataracer Send a message via Yahoo to Miataracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkAlex
Which do you think is the best way to get cheap speed?
go down to the corner and look for the shifty eyed fellow... tell him jerome sent you!

LS1 RX-7 Zoom Zoom
Miataracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 06:30 PM   #38
PunkAlex
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Cheap Speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miataracer
go down to the corner and look for the shifty eyed fellow... tell him jerome sent you!
HAH HAH oh shit man! craziness!

All right bbyzfr6, im not going to flame you, so hear me out:

I've purchased a 93 honda vx hatch, its not the best, but itll do. I'm in damn highschool with a highschool job with highschool expenses. I'm not a damn riceboy and quite frankly i prefer fast over clean. Sure you can make a full interior, full stereo car fast, but then comes the money aspect...something i dont have a lot of! I'm not some spoiled rich kid-one of my parents is an accountant and the other is a teacher, and i dont plan on moochin off of em for my cars benifit! Every mod either comes out of my pathetic 8 bucks an hour or has to come cheaply: Hence the thread! Oh yeah, I' m workin with a 20 year old torque wrench and a 30 piece rachet set with some misc. tools here and there, so i cant go and make many mods myself, but ive wrenched everythign i can (axles and brakes replaced, oil change and engine tuning, sewing upi the damn tears in my seats).

Oh yeah, technically a car is made to get you from one point to another-comfort and style was never a prerequisite for one!

Old 02-05-2004, 03:06 AM   #39
xplhavoc
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Cheap Speed?

First off get rid of the lame ass pic you have playing with your girlfriend. Secound you askd about cheap speed? MAke a home kit air filter, Lightin up the insides, Minus the ac, ps, and other shit, Let the air out of the from tires a lot, run 92 octane with octane boost, check all wires and tighten up all bolts, take of cat, tightin up everything under car, use synthetic oil, lean the car out and there you have it. A 17 secound car that you think is fast and gramama pass's yo ass, you'll wish you got rid of the pic on the internet and had a slow good sounding car with a nice radio in it so your real girl friend, (not that gay ass dog) could rub your belly...
lol
jeff
xplhavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:10 PM   #40
looking4_12s_run
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkAlex
HAH HAH oh shit man! craziness!

All right bbyzfr6, im not going to flame you, so hear me out:

I've purchased a 93 honda vx hatch, its not the best, but itll do. I'm in damn highschool with a highschool job with highschool expenses. I'm not a damn riceboy and quite frankly i prefer fast over clean. Sure you can make a full interior, full stereo car fast, but then comes the money aspect...something i dont have a lot of! I'm not some spoiled rich kid-one of my parents is an accountant and the other is a teacher, and i dont plan on moochin off of em for my cars benifit! Every mod either comes out of my pathetic 8 bucks an hour or has to come cheaply: Hence the thread! Oh yeah, I' m workin with a 20 year old torque wrench and a 30 piece rachet set with some misc. tools here and there, so i cant go and make many mods myself, but ive wrenched everythign i can (axles and brakes replaced, oil change and engine tuning, sewing upi the damn tears in my seats).

Oh yeah, technically a car is made to get you from one point to another-comfort and style was never a prerequisite for one!
I wont bother going off on details ( dont have timre right now ) but there are some free mods you can do to your car that will give a little more punch. If you want to reduce weight, knock your self out but I wouldnt suggest it. You can make a home made air intake pritty cheap too but if you really want to get some juice you got to put some $$ into it. Here's another idea; punch a hole in your muffler that way it will sound like you got juice.

xplhavoc, yes his picture looks really gay but what the f$%$ do you care, you looking for a date or something. Stop flamming the guy. Yes this question belongs is general and yes stripping your car is stupid and yes that picture is gay, but.... forgot where I was going with that.

Post a technical question or move.

For those who dont get us, go spend 50 grand on your status symbols.
For half the price, we'll be passing you by in custom style at high speeds, expressing our selves and teaching the world not to conform to its corrupt ideals of rich will be rich and you should buy this.
We will demonstrate the intelligence of desire and swim in the success of doing what you said we couldnt.

Screeachhhhhhh.... and im gone.
looking4_12s_run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:40 PM   #41
Spectre927
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Spectre927
dang people. I think its a fairly valid question in a section that it is somewhat related too . I'll read the whole thread later, but I dont see why people are getting all mad over it.
Spectre927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:48 PM   #42
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre927
dang people. I think its a fairly valid question in a section that it is somewhat related too . I'll read the whole thread later, but I dont see why people are getting all mad over it.
Yea I agree but unfortunately it is going to turn into a flame fest and will be locked and will slowly work its way to the archives. It is so sad that some people have to get on here and act like 12 year olds.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:37 PM   #43
PunkAlex
AF Enthusiast

boo hoo youre makin me cry

Anyways, First off let me say i could care less what you guys think about me...I mean after all youre all just a bunch of guys who sit behind computers and take out your daily frustrations on people you dont know. Yes i have a dog, yes her name is daisy, and yes i get down to her level to play with her. If you honestly believe that I am gay and that is my girlfriend, then so be it, you are entitled to your opinion, be it an ignorant or whatnot. Plus its prettier than a pic of my vx (which i have to sell....too much frame damage). And honestly, do you think that im the kind of person who would care what a handful of computer geeks thinks? Flame all you want, i will pretend not to see them.

EDIT: oh yeah mods, please dont close the thread, i would like to hear more honest posts about the subject!

Old 02-05-2004, 05:02 PM   #44
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Cheap Speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtteg
Yea I agree but unfortunately it is going to turn into a flame fest and will be locked and will slowly work its way to the archives. It is so sad that some people have to get on here and act like 12 year olds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre927
I hope you know that these are defending you? And I aslo hope that your last post was not directed at us. Because we are siding with you
Old 02-05-2004, 05:05 PM   #45
PunkAlex
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtteg
I hope you know that these are defending you? And I aslo hope that your last post was not directed at us. Because we are siding with you
NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! hah hah i was directing my comments towards those who said the pic was gay/i was gay/my car was slow (hmmm....not for long! cause im not going to have the car for long!)

wait till i get my rex...but yeah I'm not talking about you guys!!! whered you get that idea??

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical