Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #1
JohnMM
AF Newbie

Lightbulb Nissan Primera P10 / G20 project (Tamiya)

Hi! I'm new to this forum and I was suprised that a few people here seem to have already done what I am planning to do, maybe they could give me some advice on how to do it best

I drive this '94 Nissan Primera (picture courtesy of some ebay seller, I was too lazy to go outside and take one myself):

I've always wanted to have a model of this car, but it turned out to be quite tricky to find one. I just recently discovered there are two kits from Tamiya, so yesterday I bought the Castrol Primera JTCC 1/24 on ebay (totally overpriced) and hope it will arrive soon.

Does anybody know if there's a difference in PARTS between the Castrol (Tamiya #24142) and the Calsonic (#24147) version? I just realized after I looked at the pictures I might have bought the wrong one because the side mirrors on the Calsonic look a lot more like those on the street version, those one the Castrol not so much...

It looks like there are going to be some issues I'll have to deal with as this is not just a simple repainting but I'll look into that as soon as I have the parts...

The thing I would really need some advice on is the interior.. Anyone by chance know a kit that has an interior similar to the P10? I have a mercedes 300ce kit which obviously has a normal interior but its far from matching the nissan.. it'd be cool if someone had an idea.

Okay, unless someone tells me its better to use the Calsonic version for a street car I'll start off with the Castrol as soon as it arrives. I'll keep you updated. Please comment if you have some advice or have done this before! Thanks!!
JohnMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
potsie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Nissan Primera P10 / G20 project (Tamiya)

Good luck with the build. I am not sure if the Calsonic and Castrol kits are the same - I did the Castrol Primera many years ago when it was first released. Great kit.

A few considerations that you have probably already thought of:

1. ride height - being a touring car kit, the model sits really low
2. the model is right hand drive, the Primera in your photos appears LHD
3. there are a large number of road going Nissans of the same era from Tamiya (though mostly Skylines), Fujimi, Aoshima etc. I'd say have a look at those. If you go to Hobby Search (1999.co.jp) they have images of the model contents, so you may be able to compare them to your 1:1.

Anyway, good luck with the build. And welcome to AF.

Cheers,
Grant.
potsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:57 AM   #3
kaho
AF Enthusiast

You are in for some mad scratchbuilding! This will be an interesting build.
kaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:51 AM   #4
thadude
AF Regular

Good luck with this project
thadude is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street