Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > 300M
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 02:38 AM   #1
RBeach
AF Newbie

2000 300M Stalling/Rough Idle

We have a 2000 Chrysler 300M with the 3.5 engine. When the engine warms up, and you put into gear, the car dies. It will run in park, but it idles a little erratically (oil light will flicker at idle, but I figured it is due to RPM's dropping real low). The check engine light is not on, and no codes are found. I replaced the crank position sensor and the IAC valve (pulled throttle body off at the same time and cleaned and installed a new gasket). This did not cure the problem. I also replaced the coolant sensor at the same time.

When the engine is cold, it will run fine, and you can put it into gear, and it will run. It is when the engine warms up, it has a knocking sound (only when warm, doesn't do it when it is cold) and it dies when it is put into Neutral or Drive.

I did a smoke test, and cannot find any vacuum leaks anywhere. Fuel pressure also tested fine. Back probed the throttle position sensor and MAP sensor and seemed to get the correct readings that I should be getting. Replaced all plugs and did a cylinder compression check and leak down test. All cylinders building up pressure fine and maintains that pressure.

I am lost at this point and totally frustrated. I can't keep throwing money at this and not getting anywhere.

Please help!
RBeach is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > 300M