Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 04:42 AM   #16
jkbon
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Three new F1 videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25
Why would you roll your eyes over that? Any car will appear slow when not driven at 10/10ths. It's plain fact...

For those of you claiming you'd push your own car 100% - how many of you actually have driven a high-powered rear drive car? Also, how much track experience do you have? I'm sorry, but those seem like foolishly immature statements to me.

>8^)
ER
DeaDLocK said :

The car was only being tested and was by no means being pushed, which is why it appears relatively slow.

I said :

it appears relatively slow ?!

I have written a "?" and a "!" ,
the "?" meens "are you sure the car appears relatively slow ?"
the "!" meens "the car is not slow for me"

It seems you can't understand that.
Of course, english is not my mother language, maybe this "?!" can't be understood in english as I understand it.

But :

It seems also that your head is growing.
OK, you have the better knowledge about the Mclaren on this forum, it's a fact.
I have no problem with that.
But I have a problem with the way you answer when you don't agree with a person.
The more I read your posts the more I read "I've the bigger, your are all noobs"

There is a way to tell things, and for me, the way you use in not the way of maturity.
jkbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:13 AM   #17
anund
AF Newbie

Re: Three new F1 videos

Maybe you should start using correct punctuation to avoid misunderstandings like these.
anund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:24 AM   #18
zx4000
AF Regular

Re: Re: Three new F1 videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by anund
Maybe you should start using correct punctuation to avoid misunderstandings like these.

Did you read all and then found out what they say each other? who misunderstood ? when i saw jKbon post, accepted as the original intention itself what jkbon wanted to say obviously. Maybe you shoud get the point exactly.
zx4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 08:23 AM   #19
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,759 Times in 738 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Three new F1 videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbon
I have written a "?" and a "!" ,
the "?" meens "are you sure the car appears relatively slow ?"
the "!" meens "the car is not slow for me"

It seems you can't understand that.
Of course, english is not my mother language, maybe this "?!" can't be understood in english as I understand it.
No that was not what I took from your post, hence my reply. It seemed to me that you had glazed over the statements that Dealock included, and were suggesting, rather foolishly, that the F1 appeared to be slow. It was a simple misunderstanding and I apologize for it on my end.

Quote:
But :

It seems also that your head is growing.
OK, you have the better knowledge about the Mclaren on this forum, it's a fact.
I have no problem with that.
But I have a problem with the way you answer when you don't agree with a person.
The more I read your posts the more I read "I've the bigger, your are all noobs"

There is a way to tell things, and for me, the way you use in not the way of maturity.
Well sorry you feel that way. I state things very 'matter-of-factly' most of the time so I can see where you might get that impression. If it's something I am certain of, or strongly believe in, I will try to convey that with my words. I do try to keep the debates friendly, and I'm known for sarcasm which isn't often easy to understand with the written word. When you are speaking with someone, facial expressions and tone go a long way to clarify and convey the actual message. I think that without that here, some of what I write may come off as smug, but that's not my intention. One thing I try hard to combat is misinformation, as there is so much of it that circulates about the McLaren F1 as I'm sure you know.

I do know a lot about the cars - it's a never-ending quest for me to learn as much as possible - and I want to share it so that others can gain from my knowledge. I don't win any medals at the end of the day for it, but hopefully people will go away with more info than they arrived with and eventually share that info with others. That's really my goal for being here, nothing more.

>8^)
ER

P.S.: If you have a problem with me - my PM box is always open. I'm human, I make mistakes, and I don't fear discussing them with someone like you so we can get back on the same page.
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 09:09 AM   #20
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Three new F1 videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalkaJB
I completely agree, 100%.

Although thats pretty easy to say when you don't own the car. I guess when it's your 'baby' out there on the track, your opinion might change real quick.

I guess when you have the money for something like a 250 GTO, you have the money to fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25

Also, how much track experience do you have?
And what is to say we don't or won't get any? They have skip barber racing school for a reason you know
mini magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:46 AM   #21
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,759 Times in 738 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Yes, my roommate did a week at Skip Barber and I plan to follow in his footsteps. He had nothing but great things to say about it, not to mention out here they use Laguna Seca which is one of the finest tracks in North America. One week, or even one month, at Skip Barber isn't going to make someone an incredible driver though - especially not behind the wheel of a car with limits like the McLaren F1.

We can all assume from reading 'flemke's posts on PistonHeads.com and from stories passed along about him, that he knows what he's doing behind the wheel. It would also seem that with his Porsche's he has had quite a bit of track experience. All that being said, you can see the limit he's willing to push with the Big Mac on the 'Ring, and I'd say it was a very wise one. Just look at the extreme caution he used in both instances where he came up on traffic - waiting until the road was straight and the other car had acknowledged him and moved over to allow the pass. He could have driven right around either of them, leaving them in the F1's wake like they were sitting still, but he chose to use extra caution and I don't blame him.

Sure, if you can afford a car of this caliber, then you can probably afford the repairs as well, but why risk it though? Cars are often never the same after being repaired from a crash. Not to mention the time it must take McLaren Cars to refit one of these following an accident. I'd rather stay at 7-9/10ths and bring my toy home in the same condition I left the house with.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 05:13 PM   #22
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Ok. Fine. Me and you have different opinions. Thats cool. You do make a good point but i feel differently.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:01 PM   #23
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Hehe my uncle asked me if I wanted to go to le guna seca for a run in a formula light.

Btw ~ So did you ask to be a mod?
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:26 PM   #24
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

hu?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD