Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Rumors & Concepts Post pictures and discuss the upcoming cars, rumors and spy photos.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 11:45 PM   #1
Soyo
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Soyo
2006 rx-7?

anyone know anything about the new rx-7 thats being rumored to come out in 06?
HKS Blow-Off Valve, Stainless brake and clutch lines
Soyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:28 AM   #2
TSOPbananaforyou
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via AIM to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via MSN to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via Yahoo to TSOPbananaforyou
Only that it is rumored. Since nobody has responded I would suggest taking it to the rx7 forums here or going to rx7club.com and posting there about it. If I had the $$$ I would be intrested in it.
TSOPbananaforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 04:07 AM   #3
darkjedi04
AF Regular

Re: 2006 rx-7?

Soyo check this site out
http://motortrend.com/future/spied/1...vf/index4.html
http://forums.mazdaworld.org/index.php?showtopic=2476
http://www.rx7city.com/2006rx7.htm
I dunno if you've looked at them or not but...here's a couple I found, looks promising that its gonna happen, there going to make it.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:32 PM   #4
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Mazda can only go wrong with a new RX-7 if they don't price it competitively against the 350Z, GTO, Crossfire, 330ci, and the other hot mid-line coupes. Let's face it. You need to load for bear if you're going to fight in that category. Chrysler learned the hard way how even a well put together and incredibly stylish car can flounder if it can't go toe to toe with the others.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:20 PM   #5
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

The thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if the RX-7 is going to be targeting the next GT-R, as well as the NSX and Supra if they make production.

The RX-7 will need to be pretty potent to take them on, however. It would probably need a Renesis of at least 1.5L to get the needed power.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:10 AM   #6
Implode
AF Regular

I've read a little bit but no one is really sure if they are just rumors or not. I heard it is going to be a true sportscar like the old rx-7. They want it to have at least 300hp, and they are experimenting with trying to supercharge it.
Implode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 07:00 PM   #7
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

I don't think the RX-7 will be in the same catagory with the Z33, GTO, nor anything like that. It's supposed to be in the 40 Grand to 50 Grand area...
Old 02-24-2005, 04:50 AM   #8
shawnwilliams
AF Enthusiast

Why would they bring back the rx-7 all it would be doing is compete with the rx-8 and plus there biulding a supercharged rx-8 for 2006
shawnwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:15 PM   #9
Dreamspawn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Dreamspawn Send a message via MSN to Dreamspawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnwilliams
Why would they bring back the rx-7 all it would be doing is compete with the rx-8 and plus there biulding a supercharged rx-8 for 2006
Why did chevy build the Z06 with a 427, why is dodge bringing a more potent viper coupe to keep with the competion. All of the major japnese bradns are defining themselves again and i love it. Nissian/infinite with the new GTR, Toyota/Lexus with the new "supra", Mistu with the evo's, subaru with the STi imprenza. Wouldn't make sense for mazda to jump on this band wagon also? Now if would just talk mitsu into another VR4 but with the $$ issue don't see it happening.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:35 AM   #10
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Not to mention a two seat, higher performance (and higher dollar) RX7 wouldn't compete with the RX8 any more than the Infiniti G35 Coupe competes with the G35 Sedan.

The big catch with reviving the RX7 nameplate is the nameplate actually has two very distinct personalities. On one hand, there's the first generation's lightweight, low cost, durable and fun personality. To revive that personality, they'd have to bring the RX7 in as a low cost two seat "shrunken" RX8. It'd be decontented, naturally aspirated, and have a taut suspension and would have competition in the vein of the Mustang GT and Nissan 350Z.

On the other hand, the RX7 also has a high-dollar, high-tech, super performance personality that's tied into the later 2nd generation and the revered 3rd generation. Turbocharging, big brakes, bigger tires, aggressive but classy lines, and a price to match. A new RX7 with this personality would confront Corvette, the new Boxster Coupe, SRT6 Crossfire, and the list goes on and on.

And the biggest problem is that choosing one personality will betray the other, and the sports car market right now is so volatile and so fickle that manufacturers with prestigious names in their back pocket (like Mazda with the RX7) almost can't afford to enter the market with the wrong decision.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:21 AM   #11
Dreamspawn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Dreamspawn Send a message via MSN to Dreamspawn

Be nice to see a revived 2nd gen turbo II. Idk why i just them more then the 3rd maybe its the body lines. Espically with a body kit i think the 2nd alot better. BTW nice point with the G35 i love that car just wish you could the attessa system on it that would be the icing on the cake.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:05 PM   #12
TSOPbananaforyou
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via AIM to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via MSN to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via Yahoo to TSOPbananaforyou

Car and Driver says that the new 7 will be coming out with wider and taller housings to make a 1.6L engine. They also stated that it would be 300+HP
TSOPbananaforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:59 PM   #13
VAD0R
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to VAD0R Send a message via AIM to VAD0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla's Keeper
Not to mention a two seat, higher performance (and higher dollar) RX7 wouldn't compete with the RX8 any more than the Infiniti G35 Coupe competes with the G35 Sedan.

The big catch with reviving the RX7 nameplate is the nameplate actually has two very distinct personalities. On one hand, there's the first generation's lightweight, low cost, durable and fun personality. To revive that personality, they'd have to bring the RX7 in as a low cost two seat "shrunken" RX8. It'd be decontented, naturally aspirated, and have a taut suspension and would have competition in the vein of the Mustang GT and Nissan 350Z.

On the other hand, the RX7 also has a high-dollar, high-tech, super performance personality that's tied into the later 2nd generation and the revered 3rd generation. Turbocharging, big brakes, bigger tires, aggressive but classy lines, and a price to match. A new RX7 with this personality would confront Corvette, the new Boxster Coupe, SRT6 Crossfire, and the list goes on and on.

And the biggest problem is that choosing one personality will betray the other, and the sports car market right now is so volatile and so fickle that manufacturers with prestigious names in their back pocket (like Mazda with the RX7) almost can't afford to enter the market with the wrong decision.
Mitsubishi already has a car to compete with the Subaru WRX STi its the Evo MR. And if Subaru really had money to throw around they would make another Alcyone.

As for Mazda making another RX-7, if Mazda wins the Le Mans recently, the JDM GT races let me know or takes a shot at Formula 1 let me know.
VAD0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:40 PM   #14
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Umm, where did I say anything about Subaru Imprezas or Mitsubishi Lancer Evolutions?

Mazda has repeatedly stated their interest in producing another RX-7, and they've succeeded in winning the Sport Touring championship in the Grand Am Cup in America with the RX-8. Mazda just announced this weekend at Sebring that they'll be competing in the LMP2 category with a 3row rotary powered Courage C65 chassis.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/roadracing/15735/

With the RX-8 a success at reintroducing rotary power and a success in competition, a new Miata coming out of the factory, and interest in sports cars at an all time high, Mazda is frothing at the mouth to put a new RX-7 on the market.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:12 PM   #15
VAD0R
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to VAD0R Send a message via AIM to VAD0R
Ok you got me, Mazda will probably be producing a new RX-7. But since they are "expressing interest" now it will probably take at least 6 months to a year before they make an announcement, then it can take a couple more months before they show an official drawing of the concept, if they didn't make a drawing you might watch another year go by, then another year before they build a concept and yet another year before it comes onto the showroom floor. What this means is a new Mazda RX-7 will probably not be out until at least 2008, and that is if they get moving now.
VAD0R is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts